jet2 baggage allowance?

(10 Posts)
FortyFacedFuckers Sat 02-Apr-16 15:30:08

Does anyone know you can spread your allowance between cases, for example me and DS are allowed 22kg each but can I put both of ours in one case which will then weigh 30kg? I have never travelled with jet2 before, I know first choice don't allow this but Thomas cook does.

caroldecker Sat 02-Apr-16 15:50:35

I doubt it very much - they hate heavy cases as much for the baggage handlers as for the overall weight.

FortyFacedFuckers Sat 02-Apr-16 21:13:07

Ok separate cases it is thanks

tribpot Sat 02-Apr-16 21:31:04

I had a look at the FAQs - it says "no item of baggage can weigh more than 32kg" but it's not clear whether that means you can combine allowances up to that amount, or you can pay excess baggage charges up to that amount.

This TripAdvisor thread from 2013 suggests Jet2 themselves aren't clear what their policy is!

Dowser Sat 02-Apr-16 22:23:43

As I understand it...and we flew with jet 2 last week, you have an allowance of 22kg each for 1 case for which you are charged for.

If there are three of you I would say that the child's luggage could be spread between 2 cases as long as they don't weigh more than 32 kg each. That's a heck of a lot of luggage.
DH could barely lift my 20.5kg one.

However, I would still ring jet2 to double check. Split it over 4 cases and you would get charged for four.

Dowser Sat 02-Apr-16 22:24:24

Or split it over 3 you would get charged for three.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 02-Apr-16 22:26:03

Yes you can combine luggage but as others have said, there's a 32kg limit. Anything above that won't be accepted.

I took two 32kg suitcases abroad once. It was horrible. It took a lot of my strength just to move them both around!

thebestfurchinchilla Tue 03-May-16 17:03:48

Just returned from a jet2 holiday and flight. 22kg each but we shared one case, max weight 30kg due to health and safety(it was HEAVY) regs to protect handlers.

AgentProvocateur Tue 03-May-16 17:12:10

Jet2 are great - we're inevitable a couple of kilos over on most flights, but I've never been charged for either in Glasgow/Edinburgh or in any overseas airport.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 04-May-16 13:38:36

You can combine the weights as its 22 kg per person so total of 44 kg but none more than 30/32? kg for baggage handler H&S but unless you or your DS are really strong I would try to separate them as it will be difficult to lift on and off the belt, in and out of cars and taxis etc.

When DP and I have travelled with Jet2 we might have had one 25 kg case and one 15 kg case and they're fine with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now