Child passport renewal

(6 Posts)
sham80 Sun 27-Mar-16 19:42:22

Hi my kids passports due for renewal run out March this year we fly out July 19 .wanting to ask shall I renew it nearer June time or do it now .does it take ages has anyone recently had renewed .cos am worried holiday season might have a baglog

whatsagoodusername Thu 31-Mar-16 15:52:32

Do it now - one less thing to worry about.

We renewed DS1's passport in November - it only took a week.

mimbleandlittlemy Fri 01-Apr-16 12:32:51

Absolutely do it now - why would you leave it any later? If you leave it until June and there is a hitch you could end up being one of the traditional MN "I haven't got the passports and we fly in 2 minutes" emails and it's not worth the hassle! grin

maisiewalker Fri 01-Apr-16 12:33:48

Do it online, soooooo much easier.

mimbleandlittlemy Fri 01-Apr-16 16:01:40

Yes - agree with Maisie - it's incredibly easy online.

If it's the cost (would totally understand that), do one out of this month's money and do the next out of next month's but don't leave it all till June.

OddBoots Fri 01-Apr-16 16:07:33

It's not like driving licences where if you renew early you 'lose' time, if you renewed now then the extra time is added on to the new passport. I'd do it now so you can relax and in case there is an issue like them claiming your child has changed too much in the pictures and you have to get it all signed etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now