Farm stay recommendations

(8 Posts)
clairedunphy Tue 08-Mar-16 12:08:49

I'm hoping to book 3 or 4 nights in the week after Easter at a farm stay. It's for me, DH and 2 DCs (7 and 2). I know I've left it quite late but would really appreciate any recommendations.

I'm picturing a little cottage on a small working farm, where the DCs can feed a few animals, have somewhere to play and generally feel like they're having a bit of an adventure. We're in the West Midlands, ideally I don't want to travel more than 2-3 hours.

Any local attractions would be brilliant, and ideally we'd like to be able to take our dog, although he might be able to stay with friends.

Any wonderful suggestions? TIA.

clairedunphy Tue 08-Mar-16 18:04:56

Bump

mummymeister Thu 10-Mar-16 08:44:39

finding proper farms that will also take dogs especially over Easter is going to be really tricky because of lambing. Have a look HERE it is about 3.5 hours from the west midlands and has chickens, ducks, turkeys and donkeys plus others I have probably forgot about that the kids feed a couple of times a day. Not sure what they have over the main easter weekend. I know that they take dogs as well.

EdithWeston Fri 11-Mar-16 12:54:40

If you camp, then you could try Sacrewell which is near Peterborough. Not quite what you're asking for, but might be a good runner up if you don't find the ideal.

MrsJayy Fri 11-Mar-16 12:57:57

Try longthorns farm near Wareham its glamping though no cottages take dogs and is a working farm we have been its lovely

breward Sat 12-Mar-16 09:27:18

Torridge House Cottages in Devon are Fab. Lovely working farm and lots to do.

clairedunphy Mon 14-Mar-16 09:26:39

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll take a look through them when I'm not on my phone later.

Much appreciated.

Dowser Sat 26-Mar-16 22:51:36

Chark farm Bodmin was absolutely brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now