Great Italian holiday for kids

(12 Posts)
kidks Sun 21-Feb-16 10:31:49

Hi I am looking for ideas for a holiday in italy with school age and pre-schoolers. Ideally I am looking for the type of holiday you can get in France but in Italy - where you have a group of cottages, lots of facilities for children and they enjoy playing together. I just cannot find anything that fits the bill in Italy. Any ideas?

Wolpertinger Sun 21-Feb-16 10:35:21

Italian lakes. Or depending how much facilities you want agriturismo pretty much anywhere you like the look of.

LIZS Sun 21-Feb-16 10:43:45

Villa Pia is a MN favourite ( check out the review section) . I came across a complex on the Adriatic coast a while back which I'll look up but second looking at agriturismo although some are remote and basic. We stayed at Artimino near Florence last year and there were apartments dotted around the village, among the vineyards, some with shared pool or use of the nearby hotel pool.

kidks Sun 21-Feb-16 10:48:23

Thanks. Villa Pia is kinda the type of thing I am looking for but my older one is 12 so doesn't really fit with her as looks like it's aimed more at pre-schoolers?

LIZS Sun 21-Feb-16 10:52:38

I think it was here, in Caorle
http://www.pradelletorri.it/en/

CatsAreLikeChocolates Sun 21-Feb-16 10:55:53

Have you thought about camping? We've been here a few times and it's great!
Camping Bergamini

kidks Sun 21-Feb-16 11:21:27

Both of those look good - thanks and I will have a think. The perfect holiday would be more rural but with other children around to play and some good facilities but near places to visit for a bit of history - we aren't beach people. I think I may be looking for a combination that doesn't exist!

LIZS Sun 21-Feb-16 11:43:49

http://www.artimino.com/e-hotel.php perhaps too quiet?

LIZS Sun 21-Feb-16 11:45:10

http://www.agriturismo.it/en/

cactus1 Tue 03-May-16 22:25:12

Hi CatsAreLikeChocolates - we're booked into Camping Bergamini in August - I have two boys (16 and 9) - we're not bothered about major lively nights as we go to chill and it looks absolutely beautiful there but I did wonder if there was much around like supermarkets etc that would be accessible without a car? We're flying and don't really want to hire a car.

I know that Peschiera is 2km away and we don't mind the walk at all, but would like to know that there are some facilities around there that we wouldn't need a car for.

I've looked on Google streetview but can only really see a few restaurants around the roads nearby.

Thanks very much.

Misty9 Tue 10-May-16 23:17:40

We've just come back from Peschiera and the only supermarkets we saw were at the other end of town to where you're staying... There are a few restaurants on the main road into the centre (bella vista was lovely) and it's a really nice little place. However, we found car hire invaluable (have two dc under 5 though) for visiting all the other places (cable car etc). We used locauto (thinking it was enterprise...) and despite terrible online reviews, we had no problems.

Enjoy!

Misty9 Tue 10-May-16 23:18:35

Oh, and I'd definitely recommend parc sigurta and hiring a buggy cart to go round it. Brilliant fun! You need a driving licence with you though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now