Cornwall holiday recommendations

(15 Posts)
LongHairDontCare Sun 14-Feb-16 19:27:12

We are looking at going to Cornwall for a week in May - we being me, DP, 4yo DS and 1yo DD.

I went years ago and loved all the beaches, it was beautiful but can't remember where I went.

So does anyone have any recommendations of places to stay, to visit, good things for kids to do? Any information would be great as I'm abit overwhelmed with looking!

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Sun 14-Feb-16 19:29:52

Falmouth, St Ives, Bude, are the good bits. Beaches and things to do with children.

Let me know a bit more about what you are looking for. Camping, hotel self catering etc?

I am in Cornwall.

mummymeister Sun 14-Feb-16 19:31:11

would suggest you MN admin to move this to holidays section as you might get more/specific traffic there. when we go to cornwall we prefer the south coast around Looe as it is less busy and easier to get to along the a38 avoiding the horrible a30. when we do go we stay HERE even though our dc are a bit old now as it is more geared to youngsters. they have a swimming pool and farm animals.

LongHairDontCare Sun 14-Feb-16 19:32:50

Self catering is fine, chalet/caravan or something similar. Have looked into haven as a possibility.

Thanks for replying

LongHairDontCare Sun 14-Feb-16 19:33:39

Will do that, thanks mummy. Will check out your link now

Rascalls3 Sun 14-Feb-16 19:37:14

I have spent most of the last 51 years holidaying in Cornwall. When our girls were small we went to the south coast, generally the Roseland peninsula. Later in their teens we went to the north coast so they could surf. Beautiful, beautiful county.

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Sun 14-Feb-16 19:39:36

Pentewan. On roseland, lovely beach, soft play, pool etc.

RaspberryOverload Sun 14-Feb-16 19:41:34

We've spent many holidays in Cornwall, usually around the Falmouth area, and this year we're going back to Looe again. (Although I always find St Austell to be a bit of a bottle neck in traffic terms.)

harridan50 Sun 14-Feb-16 19:49:23

Rettalack resort and spa or Mother Ivys Bay holiday park both near Padstow.

MazzleDazzle Sun 14-Feb-16 19:54:16

Sands Resort!

We stayed there in the summer of 2014 and it was lovely. It was recommended by someone on MN. The whole place is geared up towards families.

Hands down it is one of the best family hotels I've been to. It has the feel of a small hotel, but all the facilities of a larger one. There are kids clubs, a small swimming pool, entertainment, there's a small soft play, outdoor bouncy castle, games rooms and the restaurant separated into completely rooms (families with younger kids, families with older kids and adults only). Also, almost everything is included in the cost and you can borrow all sorts of equipment for free. It has great views of the sea and free parking too.

The rooms are all geared up for families with separate sections for the kids.

We stayed for 4 nights after a week of camping and it was heaven!

Carlywurly Sun 14-Feb-16 19:55:45

I love Fowey. Then you've got Eden and heligan within easy reach, mevagissey a boat ride away, polkerris, Charlestown and loads of pretty beaches nearby.
Plus it's not too far off the a30 smile

SellFridges Sun 14-Feb-16 20:07:19

We stayed in Padstow last year. Lots of beaches in easy reach, easy distance to places like Eden Project and great restaurants and pubs for evening walks. We had a 4 year old and 16 week old.

LongHairDontCare Sun 14-Feb-16 20:07:36

Thanks. Off to Google everything!

figureofspeech Sun 14-Feb-16 20:25:21

We stayed at a b&b in Truro, hired a car and visited the Eden project, Lost gardens of Heligan, St. Ives and lands end. We also booked a show at the Minak theatre, which is an outdoor theatre.

Lostinmysoul Sun 14-Feb-16 20:27:56

Haven Riviere sands in hayle is fab. Nice smaller site. Close to st Ives. Been several times and always enjoyed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now