Security in Paris since the November terror attacks

(4 Posts)
randomsellotape Sun 14-Feb-16 19:24:54

Can anyone tell me whether there is a noticeable presence of security forces around the Gare du Nord /CDG airport? I am debating making a journey that involves travelling via Paris, but the risk of another terror attack is giving me pause for thought. I know someone will come along and tell me that I am at greater risk of being knocked down crossing the road, but I have become more anxious about terror attacks than I otherwise would be due to a family member having been unnervingly close to the scene of one of the Paris attacks in November. That has concentrated my mind re the risk. Has there been a noticeable increase in security since the November attacks? I know that no one can guarantee that there won't be more attacks, but in my own mind there is a difference between travelling somewhere that is high risk with correspondingly high security compared to travelling to a location that is high risk without a corresponding security presence.

BoboChic Sun 14-Feb-16 19:26:41

Yes, lots and lots of additional security in all public buildings in Paris.

gunting Sun 14-Feb-16 19:27:59

France as a whole are still in a state of emergency which means lots more security, more checks at ferry/train/airports and more freedom for the police if they feel someone is a risk.

randomsellotape Sun 14-Feb-16 20:32:22

Thank you for the replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now