Decent but cheapish hotel near Edinburgh airport

(13 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 03-Feb-16 18:25:52

I'm flying up for a party but for reasons I won't bore you with, I have to get the 7am flight back on Sunday morning.
Is there a travelodge or similar at the airport that I could stay at so that I can walk to the airport Sunday morning (or even just fall into it grin?

TIA

snowypenguin Wed 03-Feb-16 20:26:29

Closest is the Hilton but even at that it's quite a walk.

Being honest I'd look at the Novotel or premier inn at Edinburgh park and jump in a taxi to the airport. Or the travel lodge but again you will need a taxi.

mckenzie Wed 03-Feb-16 20:42:03

thank you Snowy. I've been advised to stay local to the party on saturday night as taxis late at night (or in the early hours of the morning) will be extra expensive so I'll heed that advise and get a taxi from Fife to the airport in the morning. Any taxi recommendations gratefully recieved.

mckenzie Wed 03-Feb-16 20:42:35

should have said "i have now been advised"
I hadn't had that advice when i first posted.

snowypenguin Wed 03-Feb-16 20:58:24

Where about in Fife?

mckenzie Thu 04-Feb-16 19:35:12

Post code is KY11. smile

snowypenguin Thu 04-Feb-16 19:37:50

Dunfermline! Ace taxis are good. Based at train station. Will get you a number.

mckenzie Thu 04-Feb-16 19:51:09

Thank you snowy

HarrysMummy17 Thu 04-Feb-16 20:01:16

We stayed last night in the budget ibis hotel. It was great. Family room for £31! Room was very clean although basic but did what we needed. Took is 5 minutes to get to the airport this morning

mnistooaddictive Thu 04-Feb-16 20:20:45

I've stated at the premier inn and it was clean and comfortable, would recommend.

mckenzie Fri 05-Feb-16 12:49:40

Thanks guys. I'm so cross with myself as whe. I looked yesterday it was £31 for a twin room and today it's £71!!
Have they suddenly just realised it's Easter weekend?

snowypenguin Fri 05-Feb-16 13:19:41

Clear your cookies and try again. Computers hold onto what you have searched for so things like flights and hotels go up because you didn't book when you first looked.

Dowser Tue 09-Feb-16 12:04:07

We stayed at holiday inn express right opposite runway only as I had points to use up, so it wasn't cheap. Souk
Nds like ibisis avoid et.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now