Thomas Cook flight change

(3 Posts)
jaspercat2002 Fri 29-Jan-16 15:36:15

I don't think there is anything I can do but I am so cross I just thought I would ask in case anyone has any ideas.

Booked flights with Thomas Cook airlines about a month ago for next August. At the time of booking the website offered us a choice of two flight times for the outward flight - 5.55am or 9.20am. The return had a choice of about 9.30am or 11.30am. Both later choices cost extra but as we are travelling with children we decided getting to the airport for a 3.55am check in would be hard so paid a total of £300 extra for the later options for both journeys.

A week later we get an email from Thomas Cook to say they have moved us onto the earlier flights. The later flights are no longer showing as options on their website. After being on hold to customer services for hours we explained that we had paid £300 over the price that was showing at the time for those earlier flights (it is still the lower price for the flights we have been moved on to). They are not interested - they just keep saying 'terms and conditions state we have the right to change your flight times'

We have accepted that we will have to be on the earlier flights but just feel they have effectively conned us out of an extra £300. I don't know if the later flights have been cancelled or are full. Is there anything we can do or do we just have to accept it and never book with them again?

mummymeister Fri 29-Jan-16 15:51:47

make a complaint to abta. tell them that you are putting this on MN and basically warning everyone about their dodgy practices. also have a look at the Zika thread on AIBU. somone on there had an e mail address for Thomas cook head office. might be worth dropping them a line.

technically of course they are correct. they can change you if they want but as you say morally not the right thing to have done as you did pay extra.

Manopaws Sun 07-Feb-16 21:58:34

Your brave going with Thomas Cook in the first place make sure that all gas appliances have been checked and they are not going to gas you with carbon monoxide.

can you fly with another airline? if so go to there shop chain yourself to the desk and threaten to call the newspapers if they don't give you a full refund. Or if that is to dramatic print out some fliers pointing out what they have done and hand them out outside there shop to anyone who looks like there going in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now