1st Holiday abroad by plane with ds

(5 Posts)
time2answertoday2014 Fri 15-Jan-16 23:42:24

Hi all, Im looking to have a summer holiday unfortunately in the school summer holidays. This would be our 1st holiday abroad (apart from DLP, which was by eurostar last Halloween, so that doesn't count). I have been reading the threads for inspiration. Im looking to travel short haul, preferably 2 hours maximum. I haven't been on a plane in over 10 years, but since I renewed my passport and ds has a new passport, I want to make the most of it. Thinking of travelling to preferably Spain - Majorca, Malaga Benalmadena. Can anyone out there please recommend a resort which is child friendly, kids pool, kids club, play area, in and out, games room, nice hotel/resort and very close to a beach, family evening entertainment, kids disco and near the airport, up to 7/8 miles away please. Would be nice if it was all inclusive or full board so I dont need to worry about food. DS is 6. Thank y.ou

Bonywasawarriorwayayix Sun 17-Jan-16 07:36:36

I don't know any hotels there but Benalmadena is nice and easy. The train goes direct from Malaga airport to Benalmadena, beaches won't be far from the hotels. The flight time is 2hrs 45 mins though.

time2answertoday2014 Sun 17-Jan-16 22:46:59

Thank you Bonywasawarriorwayayix. Oh dear, not liking the 2 hrs & 45mins, but it will have to do.

SnowBodyforrrrm Sun 17-Jan-16 22:54:54

Menorca is lovely. We stayed at the Victoria Playa in Santo Tomas. The hotel its self was great, modern, clean, good food and great kids pool. It's also on the beach and has kids clubs.

The resort, Santo Tomas, is a small resort, quite quiet, a few shops, bars, restaurants etc.

It was a lovely family holiday!

time2answertoday2014 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:41:03

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now