New York New York!!

(7 Posts)
littlem133 Fri 15-Jan-16 22:55:32

DH and I have decided to celebrate a big birthday this may half term in New York for 4 or so nights (leaving the DCs at home with my parents!). There are soooooo many hotels to chose from. How do we pick?! There's some old threads on MN but the advice may be out of date. Any suggestions please??? Ta X

mouldycheesefan Sat 16-Jan-16 08:45:20

We liked the Novotel as it has a cocktail terrace and restaurant with views of Times Square and is right in Manhattan. Our room overlooked Broadway, it was reasonably priced, we took the kids but would happily stay there without them.

littlem133 Sat 16-Jan-16 08:58:44

Oh ok. Thanks. We shall have a look at that one.

littlem133 Sat 16-Jan-16 16:45:27

Has anyone stayed at the library?

Hangingbasket14 Sat 16-Jan-16 16:49:08

I have stayed at the Library and loved it! I also very recently stayed at the Giraffe, also great. If you haven't been before and want to do all the big sights I think the Library has the edge location wise. Please, please avoid Times Square, we went on our last visit and it was even more hellish than I remember!

Celticlassie Sat 16-Jan-16 16:52:03

Look at Secret Escapes - there are always NY hotels on there. We are staying at Morgans Hotel when we go in March.

Granard Mon 08-Feb-16 15:03:47

If you'd like a very quirky B&B, I would highly recommend Chelsea Pines Inn on W14th street. The staff are amazing, the rooms are all individual design/decor.

Lovely continental breakfast which is laid out to help yourself. You can also make coffee or tea anytime during the day and they leave out cakes in the afternoon. We met some lovely people when we stayed.

Otherwise, the High Line Hotel, 10th avenue at 20th street, is excellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now