Taxi airport transfer - car seats?

(6 Posts)
Tiredandtorn Sun 10-Jan-16 16:52:27

Going to Malta for a week with DCs aged 1& 3. We've got a private taxi transfer from the airport to hotel - it's about 45 mins.
What would you do about car seats?

Tiredandtorn Sun 10-Jan-16 22:30:02

??

Onsera3 Wed 13-Jan-16 12:21:12

That's tricky. I'd try and book seats with the transfer company. Some do this.

However, I've been screwed over in countries where seats aren't really used and so driver has turned up without them- despite me booking and paying.

My 3yo is too big and heavy for car seat so I use trunki boost pack for transfers.

1yo though I just take a car seat.

Misty9 Thu 14-Jan-16 22:28:50

We went on holiday to Malta with a tour operator and booked a private taxi transfer for the same reasons as you (and to avoid waiting). We were assured they would have a car seat. We landed, joined a huge queue at the desk to log our details, and proceeded to have huge argument when no such seat materialised. We ended up having to travel with ds on our laps - he was nearly two at that point.

If your child is younger than that I would personally take a car seat. This time we booked a hire car for dd (18 months) and took a boostapak for ds, now 4.

Enjoy your holiday, and definitely recommend checking out Valletta smile

Misty9 Thu 14-Jan-16 22:29:49

That should say 'we booked a hire car with car seat for dd' !

Tiredandtorn Sat 16-Jan-16 08:11:32

Thanks for the replies xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now