Storm Frank travel

(3 Posts)
needygonzales Tue 29-Dec-15 21:32:13

I'm due to drive from Derby to Newcastle tomorrow but I'm a bit worried about the weather. I've never driven that far alone by myself. Is it going to be really bad? I'm struggling to find info on how the storm is going to affect the UK in general as opposed to individual areas.

specialsubject Wed 30-Dec-15 10:28:45

but it is individual areas that you need to know about - you don't need to worry about the situation in Cornwall, for example.

check the local forecasts and travel advice for those areas in the morning. If in doubt, don't go. Make sure you have suitable stuff in the car; decent clothing and footwear, food, water, blankets, a charged (but switched off) mobile etc.

wickedfairy Wed 30-Dec-15 16:18:42

the bbc have a live flood map thing - google it. It shows where is severe - at first glance it looks like the M1 area (on way up to Newcastle) but it's actually east of that, apart from one small area. We are driving there from NW tomorrow, so in the same boat (excuse the pun), as you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now