winter sun with a toddler?

(8 Posts)
Hufflepuffin Sat 12-Dec-15 18:07:40

After a really shitty year I would like to go somewhere in March for my birthday. We are normally a city break or camping family but want I really want is somewhere with a beach and a shallow entry pool for dd (who will be 21 months and loves a good splash!)

I would probably prefer self catering to all-inclusive but happy with either for the right place. Our budget isn't huge but have some money to spare (as dm dying is what made this year so shitty). Wouldn't want a flight that was too long (3-4 hours from London) so not Caribbean but would like it to be warm.

Any recommendations?!

Hufflepuffin Sun 13-Dec-15 11:21:17

Bump!

Bunbaker Sun 13-Dec-15 11:23:36

Canaries. We went to Lanzarote one March and it was warm enough to swim. It wasn't hot though - about 22 degrees, and the evenings were cool and I needed my jacket.

Hufflepuffin Sun 13-Dec-15 21:40:15

Bun baker - sounds good! Any particular hotel recommendations?

mouldycheesefan Wed 16-Dec-15 16:35:24

You need a heated pool but yes canaries best option.

KitKat1985 Wed 16-Dec-15 19:04:45

I agree on the canaries. Tenerife is nice.

Bunbaker Wed 16-Dec-15 21:04:05

I can't recommend anywhere because we last went to Lanzarote 10 years ago. I would avoid Costa Teguise though. It is utterly devoid of any character, doesn't have a harbour or proper centre and is full of bars selling English beer and showing English football. Plus, all the visitors are British. It doesn't feel very "abroad".

mouldycheesefan Thu 17-Dec-15 09:58:02

Sheraton fuerteventura has heated pools and great heated kids pool but is reasonably expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now