Playgrounds in France

(7 Posts)
Summergarden Tue 28-Jul-15 08:04:49

As we are holidaying in France in a gite and DD is playground mad, I just wondered whether France has as many playgrounds as we do in the UK, and is the equipment generally suitable for preschool DC?

Do most villages have a recreation ground/ playground or just larger towns, and are they easy to find?

Many thanks.

gallicgirl Tue 28-Jul-15 08:09:27

They are few and far between in my experience.
Towns usually have sports facilities of some description but this could be a football pitch or basketball court. There's not even any guarantee of a park but there will be areas of open land. They do tend to have more open air pools than us - for obvious reasons.

Where are you headed too?

Summergarden Tue 28-Jul-15 08:21:51

Thanks for your reply. We are headed near Fontenay Le Comte in the Vendee.

castlesintheair Tue 28-Jul-15 11:42:59

I am sure in The Vendee there will be lots of places. Ime all communes have municipal sports ground / playgrounds. Even our tiny village in the arse end of nowhere has one. Both huge and one is an assault course type thing for older kids and the other for much younger, slides, swings etc. Also tennis courts, a lake, football and rugby pitches etc etc ... all sit there empty all year round. They are usually in the centre of a village, near the tip(!) So look for signs to déchetterie, but just ask at the Mairie if you can't find it.

IAmAPaleontologist Tue 28-Jul-15 11:59:14

we were in the same area, just a few min from F le C a couple of years ago and there were plenty of playgrounds, most of the villages seemed to have a slide and some swings, the dc kept spotting them and asking to stop when we were on our way to and from places grin .

frenchfancy Wed 29-Jul-15 07:04:02

There is a playground in Fontenay for younger children just off the rue de Republic.

Some villages have a small play area, but by no means all. Whilch village are you staying in?

Summergarden Thu 30-Jul-15 20:15:19

We are staying in the village of st juire champgillon.

Thanks for the new info, much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now