Paying for Turkey holiday today.

(14 Posts)
Letstalkaboutsex Sun 26-Jul-15 00:26:39

I was just starting to relax after Tunisia. And now I'm feeling nervous again.

We are due to go in three weeks with three young children. I am paying today and would lose £500 if we don't go ahead. The children are counting sleeps.

I guess I'll pay. But I'm feeling nervous.

ihatethecold Sun 26-Jul-15 00:30:37

I would still go.
The border with Syria is a long way from the tourist resorts.

Letstalkaboutsex Sun 26-Jul-15 00:47:11

I know. I just wonder if there will be a terrorist attack as revenge for letting air strikes begin.

ihatethecold Sun 26-Jul-15 00:49:49

Really? Air strikes? I'm on holiday so haven't seen the news since last wed.

thenightsky Sun 26-Jul-15 00:52:34

just go.

specialsubject Sun 26-Jul-15 14:33:10

no more dangerous than when you booked it. And as mentioned, Turkey is a BIG place.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sun 26-Jul-15 18:38:50

Don't worry, the tourist resorts are as far away a=from the borders as London is from Berlin.

I don't think there will be a revenge attack, we watch Turkish TV as my husband is Turkish and it is all very much contained in the border area.

If the situation changes the government wont let you travel anyway but honestly I don't think it will come to that.

Hoppinggreen Sun 26-Jul-15 22:29:15

I'm really sorry and I don't want to ruin your holiday but people have also said on previous threads.
Egypt - the trouble is nowhere near the tourist resorts
Tunisia - the trouble is nowhere near the tourist resorts.
Chances are you will be completely safe but personally I would probably not go, by ordering airy strikes on Syria Turkey have made themselves more of a target.

Mrsderekshepard Sun 26-Jul-15 22:40:14

Has it not been said today to avoid turkey?

Mrsderekshepard Sun 26-Jul-15 22:41:39

express.co.uk/news/uk/593907/Holiday-terror-alert-Turkey-Islamic-State-tourists-Islamic-State

leccybill Sun 26-Jul-15 22:57:01

That Express article has been knocking about for a while.

We're due to go on 4th August. I am a bit worried but Turkey has a huge army and is very good at protecting itself. I hope.

thenightsky Sun 26-Jul-15 23:19:52

Perhaps avoid the beach?

specialsubject Mon 27-Jul-15 11:07:47

go to Turkey and not visit the beach????????

I don't think the Daily Express is the place for political analysis. Try the FCO travel site for accurate information.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 27-Jul-15 19:42:57

Please don't take any notice of what it say in the Daily Express, they are just scaremongers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now