Best/Cheapest/easiest way to get to Heathrow terminal 5 from Holborn

(5 Posts)
Tiredemma Tue 21-Jul-15 16:26:37

In London tomorrow day/night with DS2 to watch a show. I then need to get him to T5 Heathrow by 1045am on Thursday morning to meet his GP's for a flight to Munich. I then need to get back to Euston for my train back to Bham
I cant work out the best way to do this online. Im getting all confused with it.

Can a London Mnetter please direct me!!

dinkystinky Tue 21-Jul-15 16:31:10

you can check on the www.tfl.gov.uk journey planner but I suspect the cheapest way is picadilly line from Holborn out to Heathrow.

Coming back take the picadilly line up to Kings Cross then change to northern line to get to Euston.

Quickest way to get to Heathrow is Heathrow express from Paddington but it is £££.

Tiredemma Tue 21-Jul-15 16:34:26

Thats great thanks. Will have alook at the link

Thurlow Tue 21-Jul-15 16:35:17

Piccadilly Line is certainly the cheapest, but do leave plenty of time as it's the Tube, and not every train will go to T5. Also Holborn is a very busy station in the morning with people trying to exit so it is occasionally closed to entrancing passengers for a few minutes. But the Piccadilly Line is at least quite reliable and not as busy as some, certainly not as busy as trying to get on the Northern Line at 9am!

Then catch it back to Kings Cross. Don't change to the Northern Line for Euston, though, you can walk it in about 7 minutes. If you exit Kings Cross (and there's really only one main entrance out onto a big plaza) you will see a busy road in front of you. Go to the right, following the path in front of the massive hotel. Euston is straight on the same road. I promise it's impossible to miss!

mrsmortis Tue 21-Jul-15 16:49:55

Another option is to get a national express bus from Heathrow Central Bus Station to Watford Junction and to join the train to Birmingham there...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now