car seat dilemma

(5 Posts)
bridiebelle Thu 09-Jul-15 20:53:10

Hi. I will be travelling to Spain in August with my 5 month old and am only taking a cheap stroller buggy with us as I have heard many horror stories about buggy's bring damaged and with the price we paid for the one we have im not taking the risk. Once we are at the airport in Spain we will be collected by a friend but for the journey we will need a car seat and then just literally on the way back at the end 9f our holiday. Does anybody know if you can hire a car seat with hiring a car?

bridiebelle Thu 09-Jul-15 20:53:53

Without hiring a car I meant doh!

Artandco Thu 09-Jul-15 20:58:08

Just take yours with you, they can be terrible condition hired

We always took main pram at that age, bugaboo cameleon, as baby could sleep in carrycot part of pram. Just folded and both pieces into a bag to make one piece of luggage. Car seat checked in also.

That pram went on over 50 flights and never damaged. If it did would have just claimed easily on insurance.

Hoppinggreen Fri 10-Jul-15 11:05:38

We have taken car seats of various types on lots of flights, buggies too.
Have never had a loss or breakage so far

surroundedbyblondes Fri 10-Jul-15 11:13:24

Could your friend maybe borrow a car seat from someone? We have lent out ours to friends who were having visitors from abroad with young children. Similarly we have borrowed winter gear from neighbours for friends' children who came to stay with us (stupidly cold where we live)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now