Genius tips for stuff to pack for holiday?

(5 Posts)
maybeau Sun 28-Jun-15 01:35:52

Hi folks, DH and I are hoping to take 3 year old DD to Portugal (all inclusive) for a week in September but we haven't been away since our honeymoon 7 years ago - which was a disaster (4 straight days asleep with sickness). Before that, DH and I haven't been on holiday in around 15 years!

I like being organised and well prepared, especially when it comes to DD and I wondered what genius tips you guys have for things to pack which could end up being life savers... ie: someone told me to pack dry food like individual packets of biscuits, rice pudding etc in case DD doesn't get on well with the food, dioralite for rehydration, eye wash for sand accidents.
I'm not worried about saving space in the suitcase, I can't imagine we'll get to the 20kg limit - we don't own that much stuff!!! Haha!

Also, how do you get on with late night/early morning flights? DD has always had a good routine with bedtimes and wakes up same time every morning without fail. I'm a bit worried about getting her up in the middle of the night to try to catch a flight, or getting her to sleep in the early hours of the morning when we arrive at the hotel. Am I worrying too much?!

Toffeelatteplease Sun 28-Jun-15 07:23:46

Small handluggage compatible first aid kit. If dd is too young for the fantastic calpol fast melts, pick up paracetamol and ibuprofen at the airport.

If you have lots that can be charged off usb this may be worth the investment. Saves carrying lots of adapters and always being short of power points

specialsubject Sun 28-Jun-15 13:04:39

don't take food beyond journey snacks. There's always something they will eat and why should she have to eat British crap abroad? BTW do you have to go AI?

first aid kit is a good idea, abroad has shops but when someone's ill you don't feel like shopping.

Whycantibetangy Tue 30-Jun-15 23:31:08

You defo need some lollipops to suck on the airplane to reduce the pressure on her ears.

Whycantibetangy Tue 30-Jun-15 23:32:01

Oh and talc, its brilliant at getting sand off small people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now