Weather in Brittany in July-August

(11 Posts)
FoylesForBooks Mon 22-Jun-15 18:05:39

I've seen the average temperatures but wondered have people who've been found it warm enough for a summer holiday in general? Dh not good in heat and we will have a young baby but I like sunshine an we all like to sit and eat outside if not sunbathe.

Christelle2207 Mon 22-Jun-15 18:09:22

We went one July and it was rubbish tbh though we were told we were very unlucky.
They get very similar to what the sw if england gets so you can't guarantee hot weather unfortunately- need to head further south for that.

TheFallenMadonna Mon 22-Jun-15 18:13:15

Varies. OK for me, but I'm not one for high temps. Do be prepared for a bit of rain.

UnspecialSnowflake Mon 22-Jun-15 18:15:27

We were there for a couple of weeks last August. It was very much like the UK in August terms of weather that summer, warm enough to sit out on the beach but not really warm enough to swim in the sea, it was perfect for me as I don't like very hot weather but I do like to be outdoors, however DH would have probably preferred to be frying in the south of France.

dreamingofsun Tue 23-Jun-15 10:27:06

agree with others....when we've been its similar weather to at home in south of england but a bit better....so less rain/more sun. we've had holidays when we have seen one tiny cloud in the whole 2 weeks, others where its rained a fair amount. when its dry its perfect for us as its not silly hot.

think in terms of cornwall - both weather wise and location, with less tat and crowds and better food/drink

dreamingofsun Tue 23-Jun-15 10:28:22

just seen snowflakes - we've often swam in the sea in the summer....but no guarantees

Jacksonyellow Tue 23-Jun-15 10:32:18

Similar weather to Cornwall, slightly sunnier and warmer though IMO. It's hard to predict though, certainly no guarantees of sun. The south coast in Morbihan has the consistently better weather.

jenpetronus Tue 23-Jun-15 14:30:23

I live in South Brittany, near Vannes - I would say it tends to be warmer down here than on the north coast. It's 29 today and I've had to come inside because it's too hot!

dreamingofsun Tue 23-Jun-15 21:37:49

i love that area jen. had many happy family holidays when the kids were younger.

jenpetronus Wed 24-Jun-15 06:50:34

grin Glad you like it Dreaming! Suits us (& plenty of our gite guests like it too - some have been coming for ten years now! shock)

IndridCold Thu 25-Jun-15 23:26:05

We've been going to Brittany for 9 consecutive Julys, and we had one year which was a disaster, and when it rained every day.

Every other year it has been lovely. I would say that the weather tends to sunnier and less rainy than Cornwall (where I live!) and noticeably warmer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now