Budget holiday buggy for tall (over 110cm) toddler

(16 Posts)
maybeau Sat 20-Jun-15 00:13:33

My daughter is 3 and measures 110cm last time I checked (she wears around age 5 clothes depending on what it is). She hasn't used a pushchair since she was around 18 months/2 years, insisting on walking endlessly.

We're thinking of taking a last minute holiday at some point over the summer but there's no way we could travel without a buggy just in case.
I've seen there are a few threads (old now) of a similar subject, so sorry if you've seen all this before, but the buggys people were suggesting were £100's.
I'm looking for budget/second hand that she would fit in without legs dragging on the ground or head flopping off the top of the back rest (seriously, she looks like a drunk adult has passed out in a pushchair).

I'd really appreciate hearing from parents with kids over 110cm to hear how they get on with their buggys/stroller etc?

maybeau Sat 20-Jun-15 00:14:31

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, I'm totally confused!

cakebaby Sun 21-Jun-15 22:41:24

Can't help with advice but I'd ask MNHQ to move this to chat or travel for traffic

3boys3dogshelp Sun 21-Jun-15 22:47:01

2nd hand baby jogger city mini? Brilliant for tall children as the back rest is long and the U.S. Weight limit is 20kg rather than 15kg, reclines and has a brilliant big hood for keeping the sun off your little one without a parasol while they sleep. I love ours and always take it on holidays now.

3boys3dogshelp Sun 21-Jun-15 22:48:58

My ds2 (5!) jumped in it for a rest when we were in London at Easter - he was 123cm when I last checked and is in age 7 clothes. He obviously looked too big in it but he did fit!

JassyRadlett Sun 21-Jun-15 22:49:16

I second the Baby Jogger - DS is a tall nearly 4 and still fits comfortably. We still use it for days out in London and similar days with lots of walking.

maybeau Mon 22-Jun-15 17:29:40

Thank you cakebaby, if i can figure out how I'll do that!
And thank you 3boys3dogshelp and jassyradlet. Another question: I've heard a lot of bad stuff about 3 wheelers and them tipping over. Do you think this could be an issue?

JassyRadlett Mon 22-Jun-15 17:32:00

Have had ours 3 years and it's never tipped over - it has quite a low centre of gravity I think.

JassyRadlett Mon 22-Jun-15 17:36:10

Also - the front wheel is a double so really two wheels together - which might make it more stable than one with a single front wheel?

The only thing I do differently with a 3-wheeler is going backwards off trains so the 2 back wheels hit the platform first.

cakebaby Mon 22-Jun-15 19:20:16

We have 3 wheeler & ive had no problems with it. If you report your own thread & ask it to be moved that should do it!

3boys3dogshelp Mon 22-Jun-15 20:38:45

I have had mine for 3 or 4 years and have never had a problem.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Jun-15 10:32:06

We will be moving this thread over to Travel Advice, shortly.

Thanks! flowers

maybeau Sun 28-Jun-15 01:12:33

Thank you everyone, this has all been very helpful, though a second hand baby jogger is still out of my price range unfortunately sad will keep looking!

Hersetta427 Fri 03-Jul-15 12:48:15

Any Maclaren will do the job nicely - my 3 yr old occasionally uses his if he is tired.

A quest or a techno XT - I would look to see if you can pick one up fairly cheaply.

caker Fri 03-Jul-15 12:54:31

Baby Jogger City mini GT is larger than the standard one. Maybe affordable on Gumtree etc?

Scotinoz Fri 03-Jul-15 13:46:39

Uppababy GLuxe. They're pretty tall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now