First family holiday abroad

(5 Posts)
nutelladipper Thu 28-May-15 13:07:38

Hi all,
We're taking our 2DC on their first holiday abroad in 3 weeks. They've never been on a plane or anywhere hotter than Dorset!

We're going to Southern Spain and self catering. It's a colleagues of my husbands villas So heS left us a comprehensive list of restaurants, shops etc. I'm after advice on any essential things we should pack? Hand luggage tips? General coping strategies! Must haves for the beach or pool.
I'm 6 months pregnant so hoping for a relatively relaxing break (haha!!) so prepared to do whatever it takes to enable that to happen!
DS is 4 and DD is 2.

I've also lost my job so we've hardly any spending money so any tips on making sure we still have a good time but don't waste money. What do people think is a good amount of spending money for 1 week.

Thanks in advance!

X

nutelladipper Thu 28-May-15 18:15:51

Anyone?

123Jump Thu 28-May-15 20:43:39

Hi nutelladipper, a few things that I now bring whilst travelling,having been stuck before:
Change of clothes ,plenty of nappies and snacks for the airport/aeroplane.
Comics/colouring/games etc for the aeroplane.
Medicine,eg.nurofen/calpol for the kids. I've had to do quite a jaunt twice thinking I could just nip in and get it somewhere.
Our own nappies.
IMO you can get things for the beach/pool easily enough out there.
DVD player/DVDs. I find these great in the am and pm,just when you want them to relax/wind down. TV is often rubbish abroad.

Don't ask me about spending money, I managed to spend £700 on top of an all inclusive week in Lanzarote recently.confusedI hope the weather is fab and you have great time.

nutelladipper Thu 28-May-15 21:44:02

Fab thanks! Calpol etc is a good call. I haven't got travel dvd but have got iPad I'm hoping that will work!

X

123Jump Fri 29-May-15 15:58:13

I just take my DVD from home, it is just a cheap Tesco one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now