Sunshine.co.uk Has anyone used this website?

(7 Posts)
WeAreEternal Mon 25-May-15 08:52:41

I'm planning to a book a hotel, I almost exclusively use booking.com or alpharooms when booking just a hotel but I happened upon this site.
I have never heard of it before but the prices are much lower than all of the other websites, which has me intrigued and suspicious.

Has anyone used this site before? Is it legitimate?

Thank you MN.

magimedi Mon 25-May-15 09:38:04

I've had a quick look & they are ABTA & ATOL protected & the Holiday Watchdog site that the two guys who started up sunshine came from was/is pretty good, so I think I'd go ahead.

WeAreEternal Mon 25-May-15 09:54:27

Thanks Magi, I did read that on their 'about' section, and I did check their ABTA number on the official website, but I don't know anyone that has used the site before so I really just wanted some MN reassurance that it is ok. smile

VixxFace Mon 25-May-15 09:58:35

I've used it many times. That or on the beach is really good for prices.

SevenEleven Mon 25-May-15 10:06:26

Its definitely legit. The young man who started it was on secret millionaire a few years ago.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 25-May-15 11:15:11

They are purely a booking agent, nothing more than that. You can easily do what they do yourself.

WeAreEternal Mon 25-May-15 11:43:19

Thank you all.

I could book direct with the hotel, but it is £40 cheaper per night through them (£20 cheaper booked through alpharooms).
I usually use booking sites as they always seem to have offers and deals that make it substantially cheaper than booking direct with the hotel itself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now