Majorca with 11 year old boy

(5 Posts)
Parsley1234 Thu 14-May-15 16:52:08

Have booked tickets and have been let down by friend we were staying with long crap story but can anyone recommend anywhere to stay in Majorca access to beach, sailing, dive place maybe even other kids not massively expensive near to supermarket, restaurants etc please

MrsJackAubrey Fri 29-May-15 22:46:38

Porto Pollenca is perfect. About an hour from Palma; there's boat and sailing, windsurfing clubs there; lovely little safe town, pretty harbour. Near to Alcudia which is a nice place to visit.

Buttercupsandaisies Sun 31-May-15 09:15:49

I'd go to alcudia. We went to puerto pollensa when the kids were both under 5 and it's really a toddler resort IMO. My 9 yr old would be bored there now so I expect there's not enough for an 11 yr old. At night I found it was just based going for a meal - we did 10 days there and were bored by day 6! It's small so a single child of 11 would find little to entertain.

In alcudia, whilst a bit more English for my liking, my kids has a fab time. The waterpark is massive with loads of fast slides, the beach wide and shallow with loads of stuff to hire etc and there's loads of stuff at night around the harbour like bungy trampolines, mini arcades, loads of shops, mini golf etc. plus much more scope to make friends. Cala Dor is also lovely but again may not have enough for an 11 year old as the majority have out grown bouncy castles etc by that age!

Fluffyears Sun 14-Jun-15 18:25:16

Try Palma nova, has loads to do as does Santa ponds, don't be put off with the proximity to magalluf as I've been to both a few times and detest magalluf but these resorts are lively bug quieter and are close to palms with tons to do. I didn't like alcudia as much.

makemineapinot Wed 24-Jun-15 23:19:04

Club Martha in Cala Egos near Cala D'or. Just read trip advisor! My then 11 year old da and 10 years old dd loved it! We didn't rate Porto pollens a and it was far more expensive than Cala Egos/Caka D'or!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now