Best time of year for Disneyland Paris

(7 Posts)
BeeInYourBonnet Sat 09-May-15 09:22:57

Sorry if this has been done before, but considering a trip to DLP this year.
Really don't want to take kids out of school, so wondering when the best (quietest!) school holiday time to go is?

A few friends have suggested going over new year, but surely it will be super busy then? Also, how about Autumn half term?

Any other tips appreciated! My main issue is persuading DH who is probably going to hate it!

2boys2girls Sun 10-May-15 19:48:09

We went at easter and expected the worst but
were surprised it wasnt to busy , abit bit late for you now though, my dh was dreading it as well but he agreed it was better than expected the shows/parades/characters are amazing, the rides themselves are great but much the same as any theme park, if you got an inset day at Oct half term I would use that at your advantage as it'll cut cost of the holiday

cococandyfloss Mon 11-May-15 14:44:57

October is good as they normally have the halloween decorations and activities going on too. If you are in Scotland even better as the first week of the October holidays, English schools are still on term time so the park is very quiet.
Worth looking at the year calender to see park opening times, there is a lot too fit in so where summer/Easter can be busier there is also normally better weather for walking around outdoors all day plus you have longer in the park so have time even though queues may be longer.
I would imagine New year would be pretty busy and very expensive -we went from 19-23rd December on year and it was absolutely packed!

FairyPenguin Mon 11-May-15 22:26:40

We went one May half-term. It was quiet! France doesn't have a school holiday then which helps a lot.

Heels99 Tue 12-May-15 18:14:50

It's the france school holidays you need to consider, they don't have easter hols at the same time as UK does for example.

BeeInYourBonnet Tue 12-May-15 20:17:31

Hmm, thanks all. Maybe we should consider Easter next year.

Toffeelatteplease Thu 14-May-15 14:51:56

October half term is great as long as you avoid actual Halloween and the night before. I love February (as long as you don't mind wrapping up warm), not bad for busy-ness levels at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now