Hotel family room, help needed!

(12 Posts)
KittenCamile Thu 28-Aug-14 16:04:06

This will seem silly but...

I have a dsd who is nearly 6. Dp, dsd and I are going to a family party at the weekend and we now need to stay in a hotel for the night. We have had many family holidays but I have just realised we have never stayed in a hotel together (usually hire a cottage or something) and I have no idea what kind of family room is suitable!

Having looked there seems to be 3 different types. A double bed and a fold out sofa seems to be the most common, will dsd be ok on a fold out sofa? We can have adjoining rooms but I worry she's too little and will freak out. Or We could get a room with a double bed and a single bed which would be more comfy for her but she will be literally inches away, which leads to my next question...

What do you do when the child is a sleep?! I mean the TV will keep her awake, we can't really chat as that would disturb her. None of this has ever accrued to me before!

I know they are silly little things and whatever we book will be fine, I just curious as to what other people do?

Dsd has never stayed in hotel before and is beyond excited!

Many thanks for your help in advance

AuditAngel Thu 28-Aug-14 16:08:01

We have 3 DC, attending a family function recently we booked a super king with 2 put u ups which DS (10) and DD1 (7) slept in whilst DD2 popped I between DH and I. This was the hotels suggestion. But my DC are used to late nights and us talking/watching around them.

ilovepowerhoop Thu 28-Aug-14 16:09:38

if you are at a party then you will no doubt be late back to the room so it will be time for you all to go to bed anyway.

ElephantsNeverForgive Thu 28-Aug-14 16:12:08

My DDs assure me that Premier inns beds are the best.

With three of you you get the double and a sofa that is a proper bed base.

We've stayed in more expensive places and had some horrible folding contraptions.

KittenCamile Thu 28-Aug-14 16:13:44

Thanks. I'm probably overthinking it as I'm not a parent! Children tend to sleep quite deeply I guess. Dsd sleeps perfectly soundly here but she has her own room so noise is a minimum.

I just it to be nice so am trying to pre empt problems I guess.

Thanks for your experience

KittenCamile Thu 28-Aug-14 16:15:15

The party is the day after, it for my grandmas 90th so very sedate!

Great advice on the premier inn!

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Thu 28-Aug-14 16:16:04

A premier inn is as good at doing family rooms as any, better even than some premium brands

There will be one king and 2 singles plus lots of floor space smile

iseenodust Thu 28-Aug-14 16:18:21

Second the vote for a Premier Inn. Family size rooms are no too bad. We watch TV with lights off if DS gone to sleep but too early for us.

KittenCamile Thu 28-Aug-14 16:25:34

Ok seems like premier inns are the best so will book one of those. Brilliant, thanks so much for your advice!

Heels99 Fri 29-Aug-14 08:11:12

Yes we use premier inn a lot. Ideal for families

PortofinoRevisited Sat 30-Aug-14 09:16:48

They have a good kids menu in the restaurant too. I always used to keep mine up rather than go to be early.

ElephantsNeverForgive Sat 30-Aug-14 21:51:02

Yes, Premier Inn food is not stunningly exciting, but both dinner and breakfast are DD2 acceptable. Also it's full cooked breakfast and as much other stuff as you want, which is great for weddings.

You never know how long the photos will take and DD2 may or may not eat the meal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now