Can anyone recommend a decent wheeled duffle style bag?

(7 Posts)
GoogleyEyes Sun 24-Aug-14 14:38:48

I need to be able to wheel it while holding dd1's hand, carrying dd2 on my back and navigating the tube. So it needs:
- a pull-out handle (I really don't want to walk bending over with dd2 on my back)
- to be soft and squishable (for getting in the rather full car boot at the other end) and so it's fairly light
- about 65 litres, I think, based on my old one
- have at least one easily accessible pocket, and ideally two or three, for stashing snacks / toys etc to have on the train without unpacking the whole thing

I've been looking locally and googling and can't find anything for less than £100. I really wanted to spend about £50! Can any expert travellers out there suggest where to look?

MillyMollyMama Sun 24-Aug-14 19:24:48

We have Antler Urbanite wheeled holdalls. They come in different sizes, have sectioned packing areas and are sturdy. Also, on the carousel, no-one else has them, ours are beige, so you can pick them out easily. They are sturdy and well made.

BikeRunSki Sun 24-Aug-14 19:38:20

I really rate North Face duffle bags. I have never had a wheeled one, but if I did would get one of their's. They are pricey but bombproof. My original one must be 20 years old and going strong. This is a bit bigger than what you wanted - only by 8 L though!

TNF Duffle bag

I reckon you'd get it cheaper by googling/Quidco

BikeRunSki Sun 24-Aug-14 19:41:06

This seems to tick your boxes for 60 and Surfdome are on Quidco.

MillyMollyMama Sun 24-Aug-14 23:06:47

Sorry, missed the price! You might get an Urbanite in a sale for about £100 but I don't think there will be much worth buying at £50 with the features you want. I would pay more and get something sturdy that will last. The antler has a pull out handle, lots of pockets and is lightweight and folds down.

GoogleyEyes Mon 25-Aug-14 16:32:30

Thanks, all! I'm not on quidco, but I can get cashback usually through a different site, so I'll have a look for good deals. It doesn't need to be hugely strong as it won't be going through airports much, if at all, so I'd rather go with light and easy to pull.

GoogleyEyes Tue 02-Sep-14 13:10:03

I found just the right thing in Ikea. This, if anyone is interested:
m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/60250618/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now