Good hotel on the Algarve - with sports for kids but NOT AI/HB

(4 Posts)
Taffeta Fri 22-Aug-14 16:08:32

Looking for recommendations for a good hotel on the Algarve for next summer. Happy to book flights and car hire separately.

Would like a family room, 2 ad 2 ch aged 11 & 9, hotel must be 4 or 5 star, with activities esp sports for children, ideally football and table tennis. Organised sports activities for children even better.

BUT....we don't want AI or half board. We want to eat out each night, and not be tied to the hotel.

Anyone come across anything suitable?

bettykt Sat 23-Aug-14 18:54:11

A friend of mine went here a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

I've been here tis very nice but can be quite windy. I went with young dc.

ripple11 Fri 29-Aug-14 22:27:25

Vila Vita as mentioned, is fantastic, been twice.
Football, and table tennis no problem!
Interconnecting rooms in the main hotel or a two bed oasis park suite is best for families.
We only do B&B....but probably eat out half and stay in half. They have some lovely restaurants in house.....tbh not so many quality choices nearby.
Expensive, but totally 5 star.

Taffeta Wed 03-Sep-14 16:07:35

Thank you. The Vila Vita is out of our price range (over 1000 EUR prpn no meals). The Martinhal is more our price range (4500 EUR for 2 weeks ) but a bit perturbed at all the activities being extra, even the kids clubs. DH will not be keen on paying out for each thing, I know.

We would rather pay for something where activities are included, but not meals. We could pay probably up to EUR 6000 for 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now