book BA now or wait for easyjet flights to be realeased? holiday August 2015

(11 Posts)
mumma24 Fri 22-Aug-14 08:52:37

Haven't been on a plane for 20 years so haven't a clue about booking flights, 3 adults and 3 children, will be 15, 12 and 10 next year, just checked flights with BA and its about £1700, any idea how much cheaper it is to book with easyjet, ?? Will be gutted if I book this and could get flights a lot cheaper, will be going on a Sat morning in August 2015 and staying for a week, gatwick to malaga, Spain, thankyou

TeaAndALemonTart Fri 22-Aug-14 09:00:41

That seems very expensive to me. Personally I would wait for another airline.

MillyMollyMama Fri 22-Aug-14 16:05:53

I have just checked the BA price and it is £1400 for 6 of you. At least you can take luggage with you if you fly with them! There are only prices for 1 August departure released at the moment but they already have very few seats left at the cheaper prices. Personally I cannot stand Easy Jet and their luggage rules and extra charges. I would do BA now and have peace of mind. Easy Jet will probably be cheaper though.

noramum Fri 22-Aug-14 16:20:23

We fly BA a lot and last year we left it a bit late and BA went up by £100/ticket after only 4 weeks after checking the prices first.

With Ba you get a decent luggage allowance, also hand luggage is good. With easyjet you normally pay for everything extra and I only do it on short trips where one suitcase is enough for the three of us.

rainbowmagic1974 Fri 22-Aug-14 21:43:03

Easyjet aren't always as cheap as you think. I've looked at them before and have been shocked at the price. Saturday flights won't be cheap with them as it's a peak day. BA are a good option, and if you have kids with you, they allocate seats for you 3 days before general online check in.

MillyMollyMama Sat 23-Aug-14 00:13:27

My DD used to fly in and out of Switzerland and Italy and for her Easy Jet was a bit cheaper but they flew to Gatwick or Birmingham so we would need to spend way more time in the car and expect more traffic problems. As a result it was BA to Heathrow every time on overall price, convenience and luggage allowance. On a very popular route, it is best to book immediately with BA. I think about £235 per person on a Saturday in August is reasonable. Much much cheaper mid week by the way.

Lordofmyflies Sun 31-Aug-14 20:32:44

Book it now. Easyjet is rarely cheap in August. I paid £1800 for 4 seats london to faro this august, which was booked as soon as easyjet released them.

Fiddlerontheroof Sun 31-Aug-14 20:44:10

As a guide, I fly to Rome every year with Easyjet. I tend to book in Feb for August....I generally pay about £700 including luggage return for me and my two kids 5 and 11. BA often works out not much more, but is from heathrow....so actually it's better for me to go easyjet. The secret is to fly mid week, not weekends to get the prices low.

I would say that sounds expensive to me, I'd probably hang on and use Easyjet.
Easyjet is ok, they allocate seats now so it's not as horrific as it used to be....it's still orange though...I hate that! Lol X

"Cheap" is not always cheerful. Easyjet won't be quite as cheap once you factor in the extra costs incurred by using them.

I was at Gatwick some time back and noticed the line for the bag drop for Easyjet; it looked very long and moved glacially.

Also if things go wrong BA are more likely to be able to put things right quicker. £1400 for the six of you return seems more than reasonable.

BA's luggage allowance both for cabin and hold luggage is far more generous for passengers. And the meal and drink service on board is free.

Fiddlerontheroof Sun 31-Aug-14 21:10:51

Oops, I misread! £1400 for six sounds fine!!!! I'd take that!!!

I thought it was for four!

Doh!

Fiddlerontheroof Sun 31-Aug-14 21:28:58

Always take BA over easyjet if the price is good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now