Alton Towers Hotels?

(9 Posts)
Redtartanshoes Mon 18-Aug-14 12:48:20

Would be travelling down from Scotland for a couple of nights - are they worth the extra ££? Does it take the hassle out of the trip?

Which is better? I'm presuming you don't get free access to water park regardless?

Many thanks

ChickenFajitaAndNachos Mon 18-Aug-14 13:40:31

I prefer the Alton Towers hotel (nice rooms, feels a bit sturdier walls, quieter breakfast) but if you have young DC Splash Landings may be preferable. Yes you get a completely hassle free experience. We love locking up the car knowing we don't have to drive anywhere for a couple of days. No you don't usually get free waterpark access but they often do a 2 day for the price of one ticket if you stay.

Hulababy Mon 18-Aug-14 13:49:23

Her stayed at the splash landings hotel earlier this year and tbh we were disappointed with the quality for the price. It was pretty much like a Travel Lodge type room, not even as fancy as Premier Inn ;)
If you can get a nice B and B in the village it would be much nicer I would assume.

It was okay but definitely not worth the cost. We wouldn't bother staying again.

Crutchlow35 Mon 18-Aug-14 13:49:45

oh, me too Redtartan. Thinking about September and booking the AT hotel.

FanSpamTastic Mon 18-Aug-14 13:55:29

I thought it was very expensive for what it was. We stayed in Alton towers hotel. There was entertainment going on until 11 pm - great if you like that kind of thing - but kids were shattered and wanted an early night. The music was so loud we could hear it on the 3rd floor. Then when it finished had all the noise of people tramping along the corridors.

It is convenient but I wouldn't stay again.

Redtartanshoes Mon 18-Aug-14 15:48:51

Thanks.

Trying to weigh up cost v lack of hassle

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sun 24-Aug-14 20:22:15

look at other b and b or cottages in alton or surrounding areas. Alton Towers is great and the villages nearby are lovely. the hotels are not...over priced and over rated.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sun 24-Aug-14 20:24:19

Ashbourne or Carsington have some gorgeous holiday lets and are 30 mins from Alton Towers.

Floralnomad Sun 24-Aug-14 20:25:58

We have stayed at Splash Landings in the past - it was dreadful , the room was really tired less shabby chic more just shabby . The premier inn at Uttoxeter is nicer - that's how bad it is !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now