ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

How long after payment does passport come?

(7 Posts)
AllBoxedUp Sun 17-Aug-14 11:39:19

Hello. I've sent off for my DD's first passport and the payment has come off my card - is this any indication that it will come soon or do they just do this as soon as it's in the system? Thanks!

TurnOverTheTv Sun 17-Aug-14 11:45:03

They take payment straight away, ours came about 7 weeks later.

cece Sun 17-Aug-14 12:39:14

they took my payment on receipt of application. passport arrived 6 and half weeks later.

AllBoxedUp Mon 18-Aug-14 01:35:05

Thanks for the replies - I was hoping maybe it was a sign things had cleared.

StrippedPJs Mon 18-Aug-14 01:36:47

They took my payment for mine and my DS's passport and it took 3 weeks in May/June

suddenlysix Mon 18-Aug-14 09:03:03

I wondered this too and also really hoped it was a good sign but like everyone else says they take it straight away. I've just done my 9 year old's renewal which took 2 weeks 2 days, 2 year old's first which took 3 weeks 6 days and my 3 step childrens firsts which weren't looked at for 5 weeks then needed an extra document and had to get MP involved to speed it though so they took nearly 8 weeks. All the payments were taken within a few days. Most straightforward applications seen to be coming back within 6 weeks though so good luck.

AllBoxedUp Mon 25-Aug-14 21:27:13

Hello again. I got a text today to say the passport is being printed less than 3 weeks after I sent it! Now I just need to find a holiday....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now