Would you go to Mark Warner if you don't have children?

(8 Posts)
brunette123 Thu 24-Jul-14 15:44:44

OH and I both very sporty and wondered about going to Mark Warner in mid-September when the children and back at school - any thoughts please? Also which resort would you recommend - get the impression Lemnos perhaps the nicest.
Many thanks indeed

Willabywallaby Thu 24-Jul-14 15:56:15

We've done a Mark Warner before children and it will be full of preschoolers and younger that time of year.

Sycamoretrees Thu 24-Jul-14 16:00:18

Go for it! Plenty of adults go without children. It's never occurred to me that I might need to take kids with me when I've been. Always had a great time.

Doje Thu 24-Jul-14 16:00:31

Have a look at Neilson too. When we've compared the two Neilson have always been cheaper / better so we've gone with them.

Done them without kids ourselves in September and whilst there's kids about, they're generally in the kids clubs so you don't see them much.

Cleanthatroomnow Thu 24-Jul-14 16:05:15

Try club med instead. The kids are kept more at arm's length. French mums like quiet time at the pool. The Sandpiper one in Florida is nice. There was a strict no kids in adult restaurant at night rule. We had kids with us, but i could see how it would be fine without. We met people who were on honeymoon (childless) there for three weeks--mainly for the sports! Disclaimer...it was a while ago...

MillyMollyMama Thu 24-Jul-14 18:31:14

In a word - No. Hated it with children so definitely would not go back as a couple. Cannot imagine anything worse! Lots of hotels have sporting facilities.

Heels99 Fri 25-Jul-14 21:53:22

They do have adult only weeks

Willabywallaby Sun 31-Aug-14 05:20:57

We are currently at Levante in Rhodes, I think doable without children.

What did you decide?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now