Help ! Re lost car reg documents and ferry trip, need them !

(13 Posts)
cococat18 Sat 19-Jul-14 21:15:31

Has anyone else been on a ferry (i think Brittany ferries) without their car reg documents ?!

We are travelling WEDS and in panic as cant find them but it says on the website we need them for the ferry ! Arghhh

Would they fax me copies ? Apparently we can order new ones but takes 5 days and we dont have 5 days sad

Thanks for any advice, stressed x

nais Sun 20-Jul-14 00:20:07

I don't think we've ever shown ours? I know we take them, but as far as I'm aware they never come out of the glove box. X

Opheliabumps Sun 20-Jul-14 00:23:49

We take a ferry twice a year and have never shown our reg document, only our passports.

SwedishEdith Sun 20-Jul-14 00:29:48

I've never taken mine

MagnificentMaleficent Sun 20-Jul-14 00:30:59

Never been asked for them

GalaxyInMyPants Sun 20-Jul-14 00:32:18

Never taken them on a ferry.

DramaAlpaca Sun 20-Jul-14 00:34:33

I've never taken them. Just tickets and passports.

If you have your insurance documentation on you, that will have the car's registration number on it so that should be enough to prove the car is yours if necessary.

Tinkerball Sun 20-Jul-14 03:44:37

I've regularly travelled with P and O and have never had to have them, in fact we don't even get tickeys as it's an automatic number plate recognition system as you drive into Dover port.

iwantgin Sun 20-Jul-14 19:09:35

I have never been asked for mine at the ferry.

I tend to take them though, along with copy of insurance, full driving licence etc in case get stopped by the police in France.

mousmous Sun 20-Jul-14 19:12:09

never been asked when travelling with family.
however when travelling on my own I usually get pulled out for search and have to show papers.

iwantgin Sun 20-Jul-14 19:13:00

This says you should take your V5 aa list

PatriciaHolm Sun 20-Jul-14 20:02:56

Never occurred to me to take them! Been on numerous ferries.

gutted2014 Mon 21-Jul-14 08:12:55

I don't think you need them for the ferry, but you might well need them in France. We got stopped by the police last year & they checked our car reg documents, insurance documents & passports, as part of routine checks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now