Any experience of using these travel providers?

(16 Posts)
NoRunAround Fri 06-Jun-14 16:27:20

We have new passports, and they only took 3 weeks smile, and would like to book a holiday in Anaheim.

I've found a hotel I like and the cheapest deals seem to be through these people, but I'm nervous about using them as they don't have physical presence in the High Street.

Booking.com
ebookers
Expedia

Can anyone share their experience, good or bad? Please?

SwedishEdith Fri 06-Jun-14 16:31:08

No problem whatsoever with Booking.com Have had one bad experience with Expedia but it was a long time ago and I'd have no qualms about using them again Never used ebookers but can't see why I wouldn't

spex11 Fri 06-Jun-14 16:40:16

I've used both booking.com and expedia and never had any problems. I've found hotels.com to be also good. In my experience all work very efficiently. It's always worth reading the small print for things such as whether breakfast is included.

NoRunAround Fri 06-Jun-14 16:42:59

That was quick! Thank you flowers flowers flowers

beccajoh Fri 06-Jun-14 16:43:21

Used Expedia many times and it's fine. I don't see why somewhere with a high street presence would be any better. I don't know anyone who has used a high street travel agent for several years. All booked online.

kslatts Fri 06-Jun-14 16:53:51

I've used eBookers once and Expedia loads of times.

I would use whichever offers the best price.

ChickenFajitasAndNachos Fri 06-Jun-14 17:29:38

I've used all three. I did have a problem with Expedia. I booked some internal flights for Brazil and they messed up son's middle initial. I called and managed to change it ( overseas call centre). There was no admin fee as it was their error. When I got to the airport I was told there was another mistake. I had only seen the initial in the amendment but they had spelt the name Brian as Brain. I was still able to fly but it was stressy as had to get that plane back to catch the next flight back to the UK.
I would book a hotel with them but not another flight. I've travelled to lots of places and used many different companies and never had any problems before.

PortofinoRevisited Sat 07-Jun-14 09:17:18

I use Booking.com all the time and have never had a problem.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 07-Jun-14 09:22:49

My friend loves Travel Republic

ShanghaiDiva Sat 07-Jun-14 09:22:51

Have used expedia in the past without any problems and now use booking.com without any issues.

OnGoldenPond Sat 07-Jun-14 14:39:00

Have used Booking.com several times with no problems. Also seemed to have a wider selection of hotels available than other sites.

Used Hotels.com once but turned up at the hotel and the hotel clearly did not have the booking on their system. They squeezed us in when I showed them the booking receipt but they only had a triple room available for four of us. We had to squeeze 3 into a double bed. Hotels.com were no help. Will never use them again.

nannyafrica Sat 07-Jun-14 19:18:18

I always use Booking.com and never had any problems always find them the cheapest too

NoRunAround Sun 08-Jun-14 06:47:24

Thank you!

MillyMollyMama Tue 10-Jun-14 19:02:54

I have also found bookings.com have the best deals. You sometimes have to be quick to get them though.

Suttonmum1 Sun 15-Jun-14 15:44:04

I would contact the hotel directly and try and do the deal with them. after all they will get more money if you book without a middle man. You will be able to request particular room types more easily that way.

MozzchopsThirty Sun 15-Jun-14 15:47:41

I used to work for ebookers, very reliable, would use them no probs

Booking.com is excellent I've booked lots through them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now