France for family with teenagers

(9 Posts)
Rivercam Sun 11-May-14 20:23:59

Hi, please can I have some recommendations for family holidays in a France, with teenagers. I'm not keen on large parks, but don't mind small-zoo-medium size parks. We like a mixture of active and visiting cities/sights. I've considered Center Parcs, but it's a little above what I can afford, unless someone knows how to get a bargain.

Thanks.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 11-May-14 21:09:57

When are you thinking off going?

3catsandcounting Sun 11-May-14 21:29:26

Have you looked at Les Castels? Never been, but friends have been endless times! Tents, caravans, chalets and gites (my preferred option) usually centered around a beautiful chateaux. Lots to do, no kids clubs, karaoke etc, think more canoeing, archery, wine-tasting.

Ash74 Wed 21-May-14 10:11:13

We absolutely love Morzine, it has a lot to offer for families. We usually go in the winter as the snowfall is amazing, but tempted to visit later this summer instead as they offer the Portes du Soleil Multi Pass, €2 a day and includes a whole bunch of activities. Our kids are getting a bit older now so this should help keep costs down and keep them occupied. Hope that helps!

lazypepper Wed 21-May-14 11:25:46

We take two teenage boys to France every summer, but generally stay in private houses/villas.

They seem happy enough to hang out and swim etc,but neither of ours are particularly sporty.

Favourite region is the Charente - not coastal but lots of inland lakes with swimming, pedaloes etc.

We have done a couple of campsites- a Keycamp in Brittany - it seemed to have quite a lot going on. Le Ranolien, Perros Guirec. The weather wasn't great though - we may have been v unlucky. Another time we stayed on a site was actually in Spain. Vilanova Park- through thomson Al Fresco. This was a large park -with quite a lot going on.

CampingClaire Wed 21-May-14 11:35:46

Stayed at a few Castels sites...best one for teens that we've been at is Chateau de Boisson. We stayed in our tent but the wooden cabins looked the nicest we've seen on a campsite. Wasn't too loud or anything (we're a bit antisocial to be honest) but loads of well-behaved teens. Lots of Dutch and French.

tb Fri 23-May-14 11:49:32

Just make sure that it's got free wifi if dd is anything to go by. If you're looking at Eurocamp, you can often get a much better deal by booking direct with the site, as most only sublet spaces to Eurocamp.

Where do you want to go?

Ash74 Thu 10-Jul-14 14:39:32

We're heading out the France this summer and staying at our favorite place again smile

Thought I'd add to my previous message about the 'World of Morzna' event in July. Looks really good fun and I'm sure slightly children will love the fire eating and science workshops (the littlens will be content with face painting and parades!)

www.aiglonmorzine.com/index.php/news/2014-news/item/35-world-of-morzna-event-and-offer#.U76QWJRdVxE

jenpetronus Thu 10-Jul-14 16:53:22

To go back to your Centerparcs suggestion - you will find it's masses cheaper outside French school holidays - for example there is no spring break holiday here - the one around May time? Schools here go from Easter through to summer, so if you can go then it should be a lot cheaper. (we've done it in reverse, getting absolute bargains at uk centerparcs when French schools are off)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now