Vacuum Packing

(6 Posts)
Asheth Sun 11-May-14 15:59:04

I'm thinking of doing this when we go away in the summer, to save on space. Can anyone tell me which bags they've found best or any that we should definitly avoid! They will need to be sturdy, as we're touring so there will be lots of packing and unpacking. I'd be happy to pay more rather than risk ones tearing half way through the trip!

Also will we need to take a pump or are the Lakeland ones that you just roll to get the air out any good?

Asheth Sun 11-May-14 21:11:08

Hopeful bump!

noramum Sun 11-May-14 23:13:28

Just one question - how do you do it on the way back? It always sounds great but unless you have a hoover available how do you pack it again?

Asheth Mon 12-May-14 09:08:17

I've seen some that come with pumps and some that you can roll to squeeze the air out. Definitely no room for hoovers in the car!

alteredimages Thu 15-May-14 14:41:24

I would love to hear about good vaccuum packing bags too, especially ones that would fit in suitcases. Did you find any good ones Asheth?

Asheth Fri 16-May-14 13:49:48

No - still hoping for some recomendations! Think I might restart the thread in Camping and see if anyoneover there has any suggestions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now