Flying in maiden name with fit to fly note in married name

(9 Posts)
Kelly2323 Sat 10-May-14 10:35:02

Hi,

I am wanting to book a holiday for early June by which time I will be 24 weeks. My midwife will give me a fit to fly note just in case but it's in my married name and my passport is in my maiden name. Will it be ok if I take my marriage certificate?

Thanks

AuntieStella Sat 10-May-14 10:49:00

It should be. WHO recommends fit to fly notes only from 28 weeks anyhow, so you may well not be asked for it.

It's a PITA having two names concurrently. Are you going to settle on one or the other, or continue with both?

PeaceLillyDoge Sat 10-May-14 10:55:00

No one even looked At mine. I was gutted as I'd gone to some Lengths to get it. I was flying at 28 weeks as well.

No one have a flying Fuck sorry couldn't help it

PeaceLillyDoge Sat 10-May-14 10:55:49

Oh and I had a massive bump too so I want a small 28 weeks if that helps

Hersetta427 Tue 13-May-14 09:03:02

You don't need it until 28 weeks anyway. I flew at 29 weeks (long haul with BA) and then at 32 weeks (shorthaul with Ryanair) and neither of them asked to see it.

When you check in the counters are so tall the ground crew can't even see if you are pregnant so never asked for it. I showed BA the letter in the vain hope we might bag an upgrade if the plane was busy. As it was our flight to the Maldives was only 1/3rd full, so DD, DH and I had 4 seats each to lay down in ecomomy.

Christelle2207 Tue 13-May-14 17:26:12

You wont need it. I flew at close to the 28 week deadline and took my maternity notes to prove I was only 26 thus didn't need a letter. Noone asked for anything.

eurochick Tue 13-May-14 17:28:32

You don't need one before 28 weeks. I just took something with my due date on it to show I was under 28 weeks.

Bunbaker Tue 13-May-14 17:31:18

Remember to book the flight with the same name that is in your passport. Some airlines are very strict about this.

MrsSteptoe Tue 13-May-14 17:33:05

If you're travelling, make sure you are mindful of things like scanners - I went on Eurostar pregnant and was hauled back at the last minute from wandering through some barrier pregnant women weren't supposed to walk through by an observant security guard... (yes, I'm that stupid)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now