How strict are Flybe with cabin luggage sizes?

(7 Posts)
purplelilac Thu 08-May-14 21:58:26

I am going on an internal flight and have brought a new case which is apparently suitable for most airlines. The size is 56 x37 x 20 and Flybe say their maximum size is 55 x 40 x 23.
I am now really worrying. Will I be likely to get away with this or will I have to pay an excess?

DammitChloe Thu 08-May-14 23:25:43

In my experience, very. They usually ask to see it at check in and will ask you to fit it into the measuring thingy if they think it is too big.

Crutchlow35 Fri 09-May-14 20:35:52

I did check-in via one of those little self check in things at Edinburgh airport in march. Bag wasn't checked at all. Neither was it checked on the return from birmingham.

CMOTDibbler Fri 09-May-14 20:44:36

I use Flybe quite a lot, and have never had my bag checked

SparklyStone Sat 10-May-14 07:03:53

If it's looks about the right size and has a defined/hard shape they make you put it in the sizer beside check in (Southampton Airport). If I was you I wouldn't risk it.

ShellyF Sat 10-May-14 08:02:17

Always checked at airports I use.Have seen many people told they have to pay to put in hold.

purplelilac Sat 10-May-14 16:41:11

Thanks all.
I have decided not to risk it. Got a refund on the case and bought a slightly more expensive pne that is 55 x 40 x 20 so will be suitable for most airlines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now