New mum holidaying solo with 6 month old - clothes/gear advice please

(8 Posts)
Ruralninja Thu 08-May-14 21:08:38

hello lovely people, I'm going on holiday in just over a week's time to Spain with my six month old daughter on my own. What essential clothing or other holiday items can you recommend me?

I think the temperature will be about 24 degrees and there will be pool and sea/beach. I've got factor 50 and sunhats and a parasol, but not sure what clothes are best. I'd love her to be as naked as possible for the week (out of the sun) but she will need some nice cool clothes - any recommendations?

Any other 'so glad I had this with me' holiday gear?

Thank you so much!

sparrowcottage Fri 09-May-14 11:01:41

she wont need much, and laundry dries fast, but take something cosy for the evening so she can snooze in the buggy if you want to stay out.. sounds gorgeous. jealous. jsut pack spare clothes for you and her in your hand baggage incase of disasters and a poly bag to put it in! and uv suit better than too much cream if you have one they are pretty handy.

sparrowcottage Fri 09-May-14 11:06:59

oh and calpol sachets, and other teething paraphernalia like one of those things you put in the freezer, quite good for bruises to just in case she decides to start crawling while you are away.. i will stop now, i want to come too!

specialsubject Fri 09-May-14 12:47:37

peak UV and lots of reflections if you are at the beach, so even in the shade she should be covered up and creamed up.

lauriebear Sat 10-May-14 21:26:01

a boba or ergo is invaluable on holiday x

noramum Sun 11-May-14 13:09:44

I would get some romper suits, maybe a number bigger so they are wide and airy. Naked is not good at this age, they should be in the shade and covered.

Large floppy hats and DD loved her BabyBanz sunglasses.

Disposable swimnappies are good to take with you, I found them very expensive.

Artandco Sun 11-May-14 16:06:41

Get a reusable nappy - splash happy nappy. Then you only need to take one. Even disposable swim nappys aren't water proof so normal nappy needed on beach when not in water.

Baby sleepsuits - evenings get colder. Put baby in one before you go out to dinner etc so if they fall asleep you can just transfer to cot when back

fiestaforever Sun 11-May-14 20:54:30

when we went to spain the hotel had a thousand swim nappies left by previous guests, also floaties and toys and rally everything we needed so check before you pack everything. you prob only need what you need for the journey, spare clothes and something cosy just in case. so where are you off to.. how lovely just you and baby. wish i had done a bit of that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now