getting stuff from apartment/car to beach?

(8 Posts)
sacbina Wed 07-May-14 18:08:47

how do you do it?
every year I try to limit what dcs (dh) want to take to the beach in a daft attempt to reduce the amount of whining and whinging, and it ending up with dh carrying everything while I herd the dcs along

have visions of some sort of sledge to pull it all along with.

help me please smile
this is assuming its nice and sunny and not tipping it down sad

dhneverhappy Wed 07-May-14 20:25:28

My friend who has a walk from house to beach, uses a sturdy shopping trolley. It works well.

foxdongle Wed 07-May-14 22:23:31

I know exactly what you mean. me and dh used to laugh at all the families with so much beach tackle - and we were just as bad -lilos, wind break, beach games, spare clothes, picnic, blanket, mini tent etc etc. we once saw a dad pulling a sort of mini trailer thing down to the beach .
It gets better as they get older-much less stuff and they can carry it.

we bought a picnic bag on wheels a bit like a smaller shopping trolley and you could fit a large picnic plus other bits and bobs in it. it was from an outdoor shop like trespass.
I liked it cus when I was on my own with dcs on odd days out from home it was easy for me to pull around.
also when dcs old enough a backpack each with some of their stuff inside.

SavoyCabbage Wed 07-May-14 22:24:04

I use string bags.

sacbina Wed 07-May-14 22:28:26

brilliantly obvious idea grin grin
thank you

sacbina Wed 07-May-14 22:29:50

the shopping trolley that is

Permanentlyexhausted Wed 07-May-14 22:37:07

How old are your DCs?

Mine have carried at least some of their own stuff since they were around 3. Little backpack with suncream, hat, towel, and a bucket and spade.

I take the big Sainsbury's bags (the ones with the elephant on) and a little backpack.

sacbina Wed 07-May-14 22:42:53

dcs 3.5 and 2 so a way to go yet. but I agree, I was made to carry my own stuff as as a kid, as dd will be doing this year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now