Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay near Disney Paris?

(6 Posts)
Supermum222 Wed 07-May-14 11:37:46

Hi,

I am planning on taking my 2 children to France next year. Both of them will be in SATS years (boy will be year 6, girl year 2) so I thought it would be nice for them to go away in the May 1/2 term after the SATS as a treat etc.
We have been before but stayed in a Eurocamp near Paris. It was a bit of a trek to Disney from where we were.
Anyway, we would like to be close to Disney and Paris again but perhaps in a villa or hotel. Anyone know any reasonable places?

Alidoll Thu 08-May-14 16:11:24

The International Dream Castle hotel is good. It's a "feeder" hotel for Disney so there is a shuttle bus that runs direct from outside the door to the park gates. Breakfast is normally included - it's a bit of a free for all but its tasty. Expedia normally have good deals.

Rooms have bunk beds for the tiddlers and its done out like knights and the round table. There's a pool (tho never been in myself) and gardens to the rear for a wee walk.

Staff have always been great. Restaurant on site expensive for evening meals but can eat at the disney village or at Marny La Vallee (next stop along on the metro). There is a discount retail village there too for serious retail therapy for Mummy!

Into Paris, takes about 40 mins by metro. Also on the TGV line so can book tickets from airport direct to Disneyland (takes 10 minutes and well worth it!!). station below airport.

Hope this helps!

Alidoll Thu 08-May-14 16:13:01

Oh, forgot to add, the shuttle bus is free but can be VERY crowded as there are another 3 or 4 hotels on its circuit.

We stayed at Dream Castle last year - good value, regular shuttle bus etc.

The pool is very small (and we had issues with guests wearing shoes while around it - there's no supervisor/ staff on hand)

The breakfasts are fine, but evening options are a buffet, which didn't suit our party with special needs. But its so easy to get to Disney village, or to the HUGE shopping centre mall at Marne, that that wasnt an issue.

There are a group of 4 hotels or so next to each other - Circus, Explorers, Kyriad, so its worth looking at their pricess too (the same shuttle bus serves all of these)

Also, the DLP forum on Trip ASdvisor is excellent for the most up to date news.

Have fun!

CaisleanDraiochta Thu 08-May-14 23:35:10

I'm a big fan of the 'aparthotels' in Val d'Europe e.g Adagio, Hipark, sejours and Residholme. They are right next to the train station (1 stop to Disney parks, about 40 mins in the opposite direction to central Paris) and the big shopping centre. They are all like small apartments with little kitchen area so you can do self-catering if you like but loads of restaurants clse by too that are much cheaper than the Disney ones.

Ooooh, thanks Caislean, I'm planning a Christmas parade visit later this year, and an aparthotle sounds worth looking at!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now