How warm/cold will the pool be in Kos next week?

(13 Posts)
Coveredinweetabix Tue 06-May-14 11:32:34

We're off to Kos next week. I have visions of the DC (4yo & 2yo) happily playing in the pool with me or DP whilst the other sunbathes close by. And then it has occurred to me that it will be the third week of May and could be freezing and the children may refuse to do more the dip their toes in. Anyone any views? I particularly want the 4yo to be in the water properly rather than paddling on the steps as she has just got the hang of swimming so was hoping that this week would boost her ability and confidence.

AnyFucker Tue 06-May-14 11:37:57

Freezing smile

I have never known it to stop s from going in though

AnyFucker Tue 06-May-14 11:38:05

*kids

eurochick Tue 06-May-14 11:38:21

We used to go to Corfu in the May half term when I was a kid and it was always baking and I was in the pool!

Have you checked the weather online?

Coveredinweetabix Tue 06-May-14 11:41:06

Yes. It is raining. I have decided not to check it again as I don't want to know!!

AnyFucker Tue 06-May-14 11:41:48

The weather will be great...but the pool will be freezing is what I meant !

AnyFucker Tue 06-May-14 11:42:40

Zante is sunny and 21 deg today

There are people in the sea and on sunloungers on the beach

AnyFucker Tue 06-May-14 11:45:30

correction, 22deg smile

Coveredinweetabix Tue 06-May-14 11:52:57

Any thank you for your direct reports! Could you just swim to Kos for me and check the weather there. Although it may not help as I have just checked the weather forecast &, although it is 23 degrees today, it is thunder storms for the first three days and then overcast for the rest of the week with the temperature not going above 18 degrees! I am going to be so cross if we have another holiday wash out. We can only go at the beginning or end of season due to work commitments. Last year we did have a good week in Spain but the year before we had the one wet week in the Algarve that they'd had all summer and it was in the news for being the most consecutive days of rain for 14 months or something; the year before we had freak storms in Cyprus; the year before that we had unusually cold weather in Majorca and ended up having to go & buy a jumper each as had only taken one each and it just wasn't enough!

AnyFucker Tue 06-May-14 11:55:41

I have to confess to compulsively checking a webcam on Zante. I have a window open right now. I don't have one for Kos, but I bet you could find one.

Have a looky here grin

< reporting from slightly chilly NW England >

specialsubject Tue 06-May-14 12:09:42

kids have a different perception of cold, but if you think it may be an issue perhaps a cheap Tesco wetsuit each? They should be wearing rash vests anyway, but those need to come off and be replaced with t-shirts after swimming as rashies cool you off.

or go in the sea, which is often warmer as shallower and cleaner.

PatriciaHolm Thu 08-May-14 09:19:33

Given that mine were both in the North Sea on Sunday, I have officially given up worrying how warm the water is. They genuinely don't care!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 08-May-14 10:15:50

The weather has not been good recently so the pool may not have had much chance to warm up but if it brightens up over the next week it should be ok.

I hope you get good holiday weather this year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now