Centreparcs holland zandvoort

(10 Posts)
frazzled74 Sun 04-May-14 19:37:21

Has anyone been here? Is it possible to stay without a car? We are looking to go in July and want to visit amsterdam for a day. Are there any other holiday parks close to amsterdam ?

loopsngeorge Sun 04-May-14 21:13:13

We went to Duinrell which was highly recommended on here, and we loved it. It's close to Amsterdam, Den Haag, Leiden, Delft etc etc.! I'm sure people stayed there without a car as there were good local buses and the town, Wassenaar was a five minute walk away. If you look on tripadvisor you can find detailed instructions on the best way to get from there to Amsterdam.
Duinrell isn't Centerparcs but it has the same kind of pool, plus a theme park included.

rosy71 Sun 04-May-14 22:56:57

We went to Duinrell too, and spent a day in Amsterdam. Like the poster above says, it would have be fine to have stayed there without a car.

We drove to Amsterdam but getting into the park & ride was a nightmare. Another time, I'd take the train from Leiden. I think there was a bus from Duinrell to Leiden.

rosy71 Sun 04-May-14 22:58:33

Oh yes, and I'd definitely recommend Duinrell as a place to stay. We booked direct but you can also book through Eurocamp.

frazzled74 Mon 05-May-14 06:28:28

Ok thanks , I will have a look, I do prefer the look of center parc and landal but dc would probably disagree. Is there anything in wassener? Restaurants? Beach? Shops?

rosy71 Mon 05-May-14 18:47:42

Wassenaar is a nice town & a short walk from Duinrell. The beach isn't far; we drove there but you can hire bikes & cycle or catch a bus, I think.

PortofinoRevisited Tue 06-May-14 18:56:48

Duinrell is great for the pool and the theme park. Less so for the market dome experience with cafes and restaurants. Though Wassenaar is indeed practically across the road so you aren't lacking places to eat. Leiden is very nice for a day out - like Amsterdam without the seediness - though I realise Amsterdam has the museums/Anne Frank House etc. Delft is nice. Den Haag I was less impressed by.

dingit Tue 06-May-14 19:01:37

We have been to Duinrell and De Kempervennan ( centre parcs) if I had to pick Duinrell was the best. Lovely village ( pancake house just outside park) and lovely beach. Loved Leiden and Amsterdam.

Center parcs was great, but to be honest, it could have been anywhere, as it's just the same as here ( but Dutch speaking!), and you don't see anything of Holland.

loopsngeorge Tue 06-May-14 20:50:50

It seems to be Duinrell and De Kempervennen that get the rave reviews - when I was looking on tripadvisor the reviews for other Center parcs were very mixed. I thought the town of Wassenaar was great although I only managed to see it in daylight once as we were tied up in the park for the rest of the time! Lots of nice streets and shops to wander around, and a far greater choice of restaurants than we've got in our home town.

PortofinoRevisited Tue 06-May-14 21:46:23

De Kempervennen is lovely if you hire bikes, want to hang out in the pool. There is is nothing of note nearby. We had a great 4 night Easter break there. We never did the snow dome though.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now