Malta Seabank with a 1,8 and 9 year old. Tips please :-)

(5 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician81 Fri 02-May-14 11:19:12

Hi we get married in Malta in June. We are staying at the Seabank hotel. I just wanted any tips you can give on how to cope with a 1, 8 and 9 year old. To be honest the older two are fine it will just be the baby. I've never taken a baby abroad.

Tips in things to do, places to see all helpful. As well as general tips. Are nappies extortionate, how much should I buy at the airport , can I just use cows milk etc

Littlemisstax Fri 02-May-14 13:37:17

We go to Malta a lot as we have family there. DD is 3.6, DS 8m. We went last month.

Nappies are readily available, pampers are expensive, but DS was quite happy in Italian nappies which were much cheaper. Baby food was readily available, but I didn't find any pre-made formula (we use in in DS's cereal) although tins were in all the supermarkets. Do not buy wipes at the airport - DH made this mistake - one packet cost €6. In the supermarket a packet was less than €1.50.

You can normally drink the tap water out there now, but it's de-salinated and tastes foul. Most people drink bottled water. DD liked lemon in hers.

In terms of things to do there are a few nice sandy beaches (Mellieha being one). There is a fantastic fun park/series of playgrounds in Marsascarla which is free - DD would have happily spent all day there. She also enjoyed the boat tour of the Blue Grotto.

If your kids are into Playmobil there's the factory and fun park near the airport. Over 5s can tour the factory, but everyone can go into the fun park - basically a warehouse filled with playmobil with a small outside space. It only costs €1 to get in.

There's a water fun park at Bahar ic-Caghaq - I've never been there, but it is meant to be good for kids. You can swim with dolphins in the place next door.

We also go to the craft village at Ta' Quali - DD loved watching the glass blowers working.

If there's anything else you want to know then I'll see if I know (or can find out).

BeauticianNotMagician81 Fri 02-May-14 16:27:15

Thank you so much for that its really helpful. I've heard that there are a few water parks. Which is best? Also we will be there for Father's Day can you think of anywhere nice I can take DH smile

Littlemisstax Tue 06-May-14 22:10:39

I'm reasonably sure there's only one water park on the island.

Mdina is a really nice place to go - take a jumper as it is always cool there and walk around the city. Only residents can drive in. The Fontanella Tea Rooms look out over the island and their cakes are amazing.

ruby1234 Sun 11-May-14 17:03:32

It's a few years since we went, but our children really enjoyed the Popeye village, our youngest DS and his dad were even in a movie made on the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now