Child passport at Peterborough travelling next Wednesday! Urgent please!

(10 Posts)

I'm waiting for my dd1's first passport, put in 4 weeks ago with check and send and having no luck whatsoever in getting put through anywhere. It's apparently in Peterborough which is near me but they won't put me through and said they couldn't see us either. I'm desperate as it's a bank holiday on Monday and she is supposed to be travelling to Spain on a school trip on Wednesday next week!

Any idea what I can do? I've called a couple of times and requested a call back but they wouldn't put another one through as there is already one being waited on...

Currently still on hold for what I think may be Peterborough office, 1 hour and 40 mins...I started at position 4 in the queue and am now at 1 with no end in sight.

LancashireMan Fri 02-May-14 15:49:17

so what happened?

junebaby2011 Fri 02-May-14 15:54:16

Interested too!

Not long after a letter came through from the passport office saying we needed to fill in another form as there was a section missed...She hadn't signed it but the check and send didn't pick it up. Not only that but they misinformed me that I couldn't have her application fast tracked in a week when it was available. I would have paid for that had I known.

So, spoke to manager who called about 5pm yesterday, after I asked for a call back. MP called on our behalf too and they made notes against her file. Basically she said she'd do everything she could to get it done in time.

Had to take the form to Peterborough this morning and she will have it for when she gets in at 4pm. Then, once it's on the system, it'll take 4 hours to print so should hopefully be ready for me to collect on Tuesday.

Have to pay for an upgrade but as long as she gets her passport I don't care! Keeping my fingers crossed. Might hear from her tonight depending on the state of the application.

sparrowcottage Sat 03-May-14 07:32:48

sound like you are in reasonably capable helpful hands.. mine took 9 weeks after the payment appeared on my credit card bill. and i did it in March as i thought it might be quiet time, the summer is always worse. just terrible, it think there may be some trouble this summer and this thread will run and run..

I'm currently waiting for the woman I was speaking to on Thursday to call me back tonight. So hoping she does sad In between times I've called numerous times and spoken to lots of people, requested call backs etc. It's a nightmare. She was due in to work at either 4pm or 6pm but nothing yet.

Dd1 is due to travel tomorrow afternoon. I'm so worried. If I hear nothing then I'll have to wait until the morning to call back, at which point I just hope it's been printed and I can collect as it'll be cutting it close as it is.

It's all on the system and waiting to be looked at and passed to printing last I was told this afternoon. So stressed.

MirandaWest Wed 07-May-14 13:09:16

Hope you've managed to get it now

We got it! I'm so relieved. Picked it up at 12 and she's now all ready at school to leave at 2.30 today! Phew. Lots of phone calls later and a busy morning a manager called back and we got it all sorted out. One very happy daughter grin

MirandaWest Wed 07-May-14 13:19:51

Really glad to hear that grin. Hope your DD has a great time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now