What do I need to take for Canvas holidays?

(5 Posts)
snowgirl1 Tue 15-Apr-14 11:32:30

We've got a short holiday booked over the Easter weekend with Canvas holidays staying in one of their mobile homes. We're flying, so don't want to take too much, but don't want to end up wasting money on buying basics in a quantity that we won't use up while we're there. What do I need to take?

So far, my list is:

Salt & pepper
Cloths & washing up 'scrubby'
Tea towels
Small washing up liquid
Tea bags
Sugar

I'll decant washing up liquid, tea bags and sugar into smaller containers and just take what I think we'll use.

trumpfamily Tue 15-Apr-14 17:09:23

If you're going to decant remember to double bag the bottles as if they leak in transit you'll be gutted. I always take a dishcloth, tea towel, preferred tea bags, coffee, small jar of marmite, pack of pasta and two tins of M&S bolognese for an emergency meal if the children are too tired to go out for dinner. Don't worry about washing up liquid as it is cheap to buy. We collect sugar sachets before holiday as they stash easily in your luggage. Always take an extra toilet roll too.

snowgirl1 Tue 15-Apr-14 21:00:17

Thanks Trump - toilet roll, of course! The tins of M&S Bolognese is an excellent idea - will pop in during my lunch break tomorrow.

CleanHankie Fri 18-Apr-14 08:57:23

A few pegs. An airer is provided but have found clothes can blow off if you leave it outside. Also a small towel to use as a bathmat. We also pack a bread knife as the ones in the caravan are never sharp.

CleanHankie Fri 18-Apr-14 09:00:15

Oh, and "Mr Bump", one of those cooling things that stay in the fridge for when one of the DC falls over!

If you have the top of the range mobile home, remember Dishwasher tablets too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now