Where to advertise Holiday house in Provence?

(16 Posts)
bonjourlondon Tue 25-Mar-14 11:58:22

Hello,
My husband and I own a holiday villa in Provence with pool for 6 people and I advertise it on the internet. I wondered if you could give me "tips" as I would like to open more to the British market as we now live in the UK. I'm French and my husband is English and most of our previous rentals were with Belgium, Dutch, French clients on Homelidays. I wondered as well how to advertise on Mumsnet, but I don't want to break rules.
Any tips or advice would be really great.
Many Thanks

WowOoo Tue 25-Mar-14 14:08:38

We've stayed in houses we've seen in France advertised on Owners Direct. I love the website and have had good experiences. Friends who own a property in Languedoc told me about the website.

I'm sure there is a section where you can advertise on here, but I'm not sure where it is. Good luck.

Rooble Tue 25-Mar-14 14:10:50

We always find ours through Owners Direct, too. We've only had good experiences - have tended to go for the ones whose photos clearly illustrate what you're getting.

bonjourlondon Tue 25-Mar-14 14:12:30

Hello WoWoo and Rooble, thanks for the tip, very appreciated indeed.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Tue 25-Mar-14 14:15:17

Where is it? And how much do you charge? Can you PM me the details?
smile

I'd like the details too please! smile

bonjourlondon Tue 25-Mar-14 14:19:06

Thanks v much for the interest, will PM you, don't want to break rules etc...as genuinely was just researching.
It's in Provence, Vaucluse between Mont Ventoux and Luberon, a fabulous area!

noramum Tue 25-Mar-14 21:08:55

What a great area, I had some lovely holidays there.

A colleague advertises his apartment on Owners Direct and he is quite happy with it.

If you want German clients I can recommened www.fewo-direkt.de which is a site we used several times to book villas in Spain and France. I think the English version is www.homeaway.co.uk/

bonjourlondon Wed 26-Mar-14 07:06:00

Thanks Noramum.
We're on Homeaway uk already but will definitely look into OwnersDirect.

Amateurish Wed 26-Mar-14 11:50:12

Homeaway seem to be the big player in the market. They own Owners Direct. Also see homelidays.com

Middleagedmotheroftwo Wed 26-Mar-14 12:50:38

BTW - we've used Chez Nous several times to find holiday homes in Europe, particularly France

mrsnec Wed 26-Mar-14 13:08:04

I m not in France but I am in a very popular holiday area in Europe. We run a management company of holiday accommodation and all our clients use owners direct whilst the business is mainly from the UK they have had enquiries from elsewhere and it's only lack of flights that limit the business here so you should do well with it where you are.

bonjourlondon Wed 26-Mar-14 13:25:53

Thanks for tips to you all, great.

Tinkerball Wed 26-Mar-14 23:06:23

Ive used Chez nous for France.

Lovage Fri 28-Mar-14 11:36:17

Another vote for Owners Direct. I always look there first - their interface and search options are better than Chez Nous, I find, and the whole look on the screen is clearer and nicer.

Good photos are really important as is a link to the owner's own website. I very rarely book if Owners Direct is the only information I can find about a property - I want to know more before I send an email. Sometimes owners do have a website themselves (which I find by googling) but don't put the link to that on the Owners Direct site - I find that baffling! Why would you make it harder for potential clients to find you?!

Good luck!

Graciescotland Fri 28-Mar-14 11:54:41

We advertise on homeaway, they own owners direct. It's included in their European bundle which isn't cheap at about £600 per year but I've had 20 weeks of bookings from them this year so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now