Desperately need a holiday- any tips or recommendations for Canaries or Turkey in May?

(5 Posts)
roseinwinter Sun 16-Mar-14 22:04:58

I've been back at work a month after a year's mat leave. DD has been ill non stop since starting nursery, DH and I have both been sick and now I'm just exhausted. I've never been so in need of a holiday!
We want to go away for 7 days in May and were thinking the Canaries or Turkey but are open to ideas. Any recommendations for good places to go with a 15 month old? Resorts, hotels, villas etc?
TIA!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 17-Mar-14 10:08:30

Turkey is lovely in May, not too hot. We love it there.

I would advise somewhere like Bitez on the Bodrum Peninsula, it is a small resort with a nice beach and some lovely accommodation, including some very reasonably priced apartments. Or if you prefer a villa then have a look at Yalikavak as that is where most of the villas are, we are looking for one there in the summer too.

Turkey is very family friendly and the Turkish people love babies, they will go out of their way to accommodate you, I am sure you would love it there.

roseinwinter Mon 17-Mar-14 20:26:57

Ooh both of these look lovely and really fit the bill. Thank you!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Tue 18-Mar-14 12:24:02

If there is anything else you want to know about the area just ask as I used to live out there smile

Redtartanshoes Wed 19-Mar-14 21:13:25

Stayed at the delphin palace in Lara last year. Not much to do out with the hotel but fantastic for a week of sun shine and 5* luxury.

Great facilities for toddlers too inc splash pool, baby slides and a wee fair ground

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now