Easy Jet - should I worry that they still have not released flights??

(13 Posts)
JeanSeberg Sun 16-Mar-14 21:58:37

Glad it was of all help. Have a good trip.

Wiifitmama Sun 16-Mar-14 21:55:03

Thank you to the person who suggested Luftansa! I just booked flights on the days we wanted for only a little more than Easy Jet. It never occurred to me to look at scheduled airlines as they used to be so much more expensive than the budget airlines, but it guess things have changed!

JeanSeberg Sun 16-Mar-14 20:58:43

And Airberlin and Flyniki.com from various London airports.

JeanSeberg Sun 16-Mar-14 20:50:56

Also have a look at Lufthansa to Munich from HRW for comparison (with bags included).

Wiifitmama Sun 16-Mar-14 20:31:26

I just priced it up and ryan air are £300 more expensive to Salzburg than if we fly easy jet to munich (and that is with the hold baggage, seats etc - I did like for like. BUT I have just had to email the hotel to see if they can change the booking to Friday- Friday instead of Saturday - Saturday as the flights are at horrible times on the Saturday. So now I can't book the flights unless they say yes! We are taking the train to the hotel (in Ruhpolding) so it's a longer transfer from munich but that's ok.

42notTrendy Sun 16-Mar-14 20:14:56

Ryanair ok. Go with low expectations (ie a seat on a plane to get you from A to B) and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised!

JeanSeberg Sun 16-Mar-14 20:11:07

Not sure when you last went with Ryanair but I've been with them twice in last couple of weeks and they've upped their game recently. You get pre-allocated seats and the service is much more customer-friendly than previously.

How are you getting from the airport to hotel?

Wiifitmama Sun 16-Mar-14 20:08:32

Oh god! That hadn't even occurred to me! Yes, the route to Munich is plan B. I really want to avoid Ryan Air.

JeanSeberg Sun 16-Mar-14 19:01:44

Easyjet from Gatwick to Munich.

Or Ryanair from Stansted to Salzburg on certain dates in September.

JeanSeberg Sun 16-Mar-14 18:57:17

Looks like that route stops in April, perhaps for skiing?

What about Munich?

Wiifitmama Sun 16-Mar-14 18:54:29

Oops! Should have said that. Any London airport.

JeanSeberg Sun 16-Mar-14 16:54:44

Which airport are you going from?

Wiifitmama Sun 16-Mar-14 16:48:13

I have booked a hotel in Germany (Bavaria) for September. I keep checking easy jet and they only have flights to Salzburg through to mid April. Which is only 4 weeks away. Surely they should have released further flights by now? Should I be worried? It is not on their list of routes that they are dropping. Anyone in the know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now