Nice hotel in or around Rome

(3 Posts)
Dancergirl Thu 13-Mar-14 13:18:11

We have booked a cruise in the summer that starts and ends in Rome. We want to spend about 5/6 days beforehand in Italy within easy reach of the port, say a couple of hours driving.

I like the idea of a seaside resort but it doesn't look like there are any nice resorts nearby. So we thought of spending the time in Rome itself. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel with an outdoor pool? I can only seem to find v small city hotels with no pool!

Budgiegirlbob Thu 13-Mar-14 21:17:21

I think very few (if any) of the hotels in Rome city centre will have a pool, most are in old buildings, with little outside space except maybe a courtyard or roof terrace.

There are quite a few hotels a couple of kilometres out of the centre, most are near bus routes, or some run shuttle buses. Try a website like Trivago , you can specify that you want a hotel with a pool, and it will give suggestions

MillyMollyMama Mon 17-Mar-14 10:05:41

If you search Trip Advisor for "Rome Hotel with Pool" quite a few appear. Not sure if they are your taste but at least there is a choice. The seaside is iffy around there so a hotel with a pool is a better idea. Or you could stay somewhere else, eg southern Tuscany and then go down on the railway the day before you join the cruise and stay in Rome for just one night. Or you could look in the hilly regions around Rome to find something in the suburbs. I would find a really good guide book to suss out where would be attractive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now