Ideas for kids in Amsterdam?

(8 Posts)
blouseenthusiast Tue 11-Mar-14 10:29:39

Thinking of taking kids (aged between 13 and 8) to Amsterdam. What would be good to do there? Or nearby? Any thoughts at all gratefully received!

blouseenthusiast Tue 11-Mar-14 10:55:43

bump

Creamycoolerwithcream Tue 11-Mar-14 11:08:55

My DC liked the canal trip we did. We had a tour guide who told us lots of facts and history which we all enjoyed. My sons were 13 and 14 when we went.

Chopstheduck Tue 11-Mar-14 11:14:47

mine love amsterdam. Boat trip, van gogh musuem, Anne Frank's house. There is an aquarium too that is supposed to be very good, not been myself. Mine also liked Zaanse Schans jsut outside Amsterdam if you are driving, a craft village inside windmills - the kids enjoyed climbing up one, and there was things like stilts and diablos to play with in a square.

blouseenthusiast Tue 11-Mar-14 11:20:29

Oh, these are good thoughts, thank you both - was worrying was just picking somewhere I wanted to go!

Creamycoolerwithcream Tue 11-Mar-14 11:49:00

I always base holidays around where DH and I want to go and then find kids/teens stuff to do there. That way we all get a lot out of the trip.

BikeShed Tue 11-Mar-14 11:49:30

Second the canal boat trip; also Nemo (hands-on science museum for kids) is absolutely brilliant, Scheepvaartmuseum (maritime museum) is great as is the zoo (Artis).
Van Gogh museum too, but Anne Frank's house is perhaps a bit much for an 8-year old. And if the weather's good maybe rent a bike!

blouseenthusiast Tue 11-Mar-14 12:19:12

Sounds like it won't be hard to fill the time, hooray. Any tips which bit best to stay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now